Titans might not finish season

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
JohnVoliva
Site Admin

Post by JohnVoliva » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:06 pm

oh yeah -- and NO cut of the conession sales and NO break on rent based on number of people through the turnstiles...

Maybe you are thinking of Fort Wayne?

TitanFan
Site Admin

Post by TitanFan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:10 pm

First, I'd like to thank everyone for their support over the past few weeks.

Next, I'd like to make it perfectly clear that the Titans will be finishing the season, and will continue to play football after that. Yes, we were in a bit of a bind financially, but the rest of the organization was running great. We have amazing fans and great support in the community. Our Civic Center has released a large chunk of our deposit, but we've had lots of other people and businesses step-up and help us out in our time of need. Our next home game, April 20th against Lakeland, looks like it could be near sell-out.

I'd also like to point out that our financial problems were our own. Our organization made a few missteps along with way. Andrew Haines, Mike Mink and John Morris have had absolutely nothing to do with our situation. Just as any business in its infancy, we have run into a few bumps getting started. We have some great things in store for the rest of the season, which includes playing great football on the road to a championship.

Again, I we will be playing football for a long time ... and thank you to everyone for your support!

Fez
Site Admin

Post by Fez » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:36 pm

Nice job by Titans mgmt and the community to avoid yet another failed minor league football team. Outstanding story --and I think that the fact that so many players played for Florida A&M helped build that support. Great strategy to build locally and I'm rooting for your continued success.
Subscribe to Dayton Pro Sports Daily News: http://paper.li/f-1313642591

jwalters
Site Admin

Post by jwalters » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:35 am

JV I apologize if my information is wrong. I was only posting numbers I have seen from some small events that have taken place there. If my numbers are off by that much why does SMG list Roberts Stadiums average rental as less than my figure? I'm not arguing just curious. Also what percentage do you pay? Or do you pay almost $12,000 flat fee?

JohnVoliva
Site Admin

Post by JohnVoliva » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:09 am

[quote=""jwalters""]JV I apologize if my information is wrong. I was only posting numbers I have seen from some small events that have taken place there. If my numbers are off by that much why does SMG list Roberts Stadiums average rental as less than my figure? I'm not arguing just curious. Also what percentage do you pay? Or do you pay almost $12,000 flat fee?[/quote]

The amount you quoted is correct, technically, for "rent". Does not include All-in & setup and tear down (which are two different things for some reason -- not the SU/TD, but the AI and SU/TD), food for hospitality room, etc. Rent basically gets you the stadium, and the workers for the game (ticket takers, ushes, food wokers). The flat fee we pay is less than the $12,000, with setup and strike a variable from game to game. We pay less than $12,000 per game but more than $8,000.

Just curious, but where are you getting your numbers?

robertboyd
Site Admin

Post by robertboyd » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:37 pm

[quote=""JohnVoliva""]You could not be more wrong if you tried... try approx 3X that amount for everything.[/quote]
I believe rent is one of the biggest misconception that fans have about the teams expenses. People see rent charges of $2500 and cant believe that the actual final bill could be 4 times that per game.

I've spoken to several team owners and they can also confirm that they have been shocked over the final bill per game, not surprising that the fans are ill-informed over the final bill. (after all, who would think it would cost $5000 to lay down turf, surely I never thought it would cost this much to lay several rolls down and I still think the bill was being padded).

jwalters
Site Admin

Post by jwalters » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:37 pm

SMG used to post average total rent on their website for roberts stadium. They don't anymore. For a few venues they still do. I got the $3500 figure from a guy who worked some concerts there about 3 years ago. This may have been bull but it was the number I got. I can't even get in touch with the guy cause I haven't seen him since we graduated high school. Of course you use the whole venue many of the concerts there only use part of the venue. That may help explain the difference.

jwalters
Site Admin

Post by jwalters » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:49 pm

The Roberts Stadium rent seems so inflated. I work with the athletic department at Kentucky Wesleyan and it cost about $1,100 per game to rent the 5,000 seat Sportscenter. That includes rent, floor, tech, hospitality, security, cleanup, set up, parking, etc. We also keep the profits from venue signage. Of course Roberts Stadium is larger and nicer but it still seems proportionately inflated. Especially when you consider both venues are primarily basketball arenas.

CapnRusty
Site Admin

Post by CapnRusty » Tue May 15, 2007 1:41 pm

[quote=""TitanFan""]First, I'd like to thank everyone for their support over the past few weeks.

Next, I'd like to make it perfectly clear that the Titans will be finishing the season, and will continue to play football after that. Yes, we were in a bit of a bind financially, but the rest of the organization was running great. We have amazing fans and great support in the community. Our Civic Center has released a large chunk of our deposit, but we've had lots of other people and businesses step-up and help us out in our time of need. Our next home game, April 20th against Lakeland, looks like it could be near sell-out.

I'd also like to point out that our financial problems were our own. Our organization made a few missteps along with way. Andrew Haines, Mike Mink and John Morris have had absolutely nothing to do with our situation. Just as any business in its infancy, we have run into a few bumps getting started. We have some great things in store for the rest of the season, which includes playing great football on the road to a championship.

Again, I we will be playing football for a long time ... and thank you to everyone for your support![/quote]

You are a day late and a dollar short buddy! I don't know where you have been getting your info from but as of Sat. 5/12 the players hadn't been payed for 2 pay periods and the team couldn't afford the 1,250.00 dollars to get them here where we beat them soundly. We offered to send them a bus but they declined. Here you are talking about a game on April 20th that has already been played and the revenues probably already spent. The players had to drive down on their own with their own money in order to play. My hat's off to them for doing that but be realalistic here. How far will that deposit money go in paying the players and staff and operating expences? Who do we talk to in order to get the money to repair the visitors locker room that they destroyed? Maybe your buisnesses up in Tally would love to do that! lol

CapnRusty
Site Admin

Post by CapnRusty » Tue May 15, 2007 1:46 pm

[quote=""CapnRusty""]You are a day late and a dollar short buddy! I don't know where you have been getting your info from but as of Sat. 5/12 the players hadn't been payed for 2 pay periods and the team couldn't afford the 1,250.00 dollars to get them here where we beat them soundly. We offered to send them a bus but they declined. Here you are talking about a game on April 20th that has already been played and the revenues probably already spent. The players had to drive down on their own with their own money in order to play. My hat's off to them for doing that but be realalistic here. How far will that deposit money go in paying the players and staff and operating expences? Who do we talk to in order to get the money to repair the visitors locker room that they destroyed? Maybe your buisnesses up in Tally would love to do that! lol[/quote]

MY BAD! I Didn't realize that I was responding to a quote! Everyone makes mistakes even the Titan ownership! lol

Return to “AIF”