Titans might not finish season

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
BOLTFAN1
Site Admin

Titans Are Doing Thier Best

Post by BOLTFAN1 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:32 am

:p I am sure it is not any ones fault. They are a new team, like anything new it is a learning process. You need time to get it right and help from the fans and community to make it work. In Lakeland the team fights the arena and has not a lot of help from the fans. The media seldom covers us and we too have had woes to deal with. I for one believe that we all should band together as one group when it comes to other teams. Without these other teams we are playing with ourselves, figuratively and literally.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:50 pm

[quote=""big32""]What do these guys running the league know about running a league?
They dont have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another Andrew Haines.
Keep bring on teams guys that cant pay the players....
HEHE........[/quote]

I'll wait and see what kinds of owners they bring in, since Tallahassee was yet another Haines project. And as it appears now, yet another Haines screw up. Oh well, at least Haines got yet another franchise fee from that team to blow on God Knows What.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:11 pm

I'm afraid Haines is not involved with the league anymore. If I remember correctly Mink and Morris are the men behind the new AIFA. Haines formed the AIFL. Also, if you'd read the Tallahassee paper the Civic Center is returning the deposit to the team to help finish the season while the team develops new ways to increase revenue streams. http://www.tallahassee.com if you want accurate information. The Civic Center holds close to 11,000 people and the team has been averaging really good crowds. The team is 6-1 and playing well. If you read any of the newspaper articles you'd understand that. But, I guess reading is not your strong suit.

This is what kills me about this board. As much as I like it, there are people that are quick to pile on. Yes, most of it is warrented and I am guilty of some of it as well, but a little simple reading might change opinions.
Last edited by TheHulk on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Yes, the AIFA and AIFL are the same entity.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:25 am

The AIFA is the AIFL, and all but a couple of the teams are from the AIFL. Haines brought these jokes in, and the AIFA is dealing with them now.

Tallahassee IS another Haines project...I believe it was his last (for now). The AIFA now needs to prove it won't make the same mistakes.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:18 pm

[quote=""exit322""]The AIFA is the AIFL, and all but a couple of the teams are from the AIFL. Haines brought these jokes in, and the AIFA is dealing with them now.

Tallahassee IS another Haines project...I believe it was his last (for now). The AIFA now needs to prove it won't make the same mistakes.[/quote]

Well even if it is; I wouldn't tell that to the people of Tallahassee. I've never seen a community react like this to one of their teams publicly admitted to running out of money. The Tallahassee Democrat, the fans, the Civic Center are all working together to help the team out. I know for a fact that none of these things happened when the ECHL Tiger Sharks, EISL Scorpions, WHA2/ACHL Tides tried to stay or set up shop. What is says to me is that everyone involved want to have the Titans around for a long time.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:38 pm

[quote=""TheHulk""]Well even if it is; I wouldn't tell that to the people of Tallahassee. I've never seen a community react like this to one of their teams publicly admitted to running out of money. The Tallahassee Democrat, the fans, the Civic Center are all working together to help the team out. I know for a fact that none of these things happened when the ECHL Tiger Sharks, EISL Scorpions, WHA2/ACHL Tides tried to stay or set up shop. What is says to me is that everyone involved want to have the Titans around for a long time.[/quote]
You got it!

Looks like they will finish the season now...But how long will they be around after that? We'll see...

I think the fans are trying to help because the owner is an honest man (unlike most others). He admitted that he made some mistakes, and actually reached out to the community. I think that's what makes the difference.
Last edited by Minor League Man on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:50 pm

Do the Titans have any other options for an arena?
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:15 pm

[quote=""gonzo13""]Do the Titans have any other options for an arena?[/quote]

Nope, unless they go one hour west into Alabama and the Dothan Civic Center. lol It's the Leon County Civic Center or nothing.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

Why would they want to switch arenas?

Post by sportsguy12 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:02 pm

[quote=""gonzo13""]Do the Titans have any other options for an arena?[/quote]

They are averaging 5,000 fans or so.
Plus, the arena gave them a large chunk of their deposit back to bail them out. Why would they want to leave that even if they had other options.

JohnVoliva
Site Admin

Post by JohnVoliva » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:04 pm

[quote=""jwalters""]By contrast Roberts Stadium in Evansville cost about $3500 with everything included.[/quote]

You could not be more wrong if you tried... try approx 3X that amount for everything.

Return to “AIF”