Pittsburgh GM

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum

Will Pittsburgh compete for a title this season?

Yes
11%
No
56%
Yes. (If Look as good on the Feild as the do on paper)
No votes
No. (This team only looks good on paper)
33%

Total votes: 9

Sphinx
Site Admin

Pittsburgh GM

Post by Sphinx » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Hey Pittsburgh is making some noise today brining in Scott Gresser from Canton as their GM. Talk about putting together an organization. Don't let the expansion tag on this team fool yah they may be able to make a run at a title in year 1. Here's the release from their webpage.

"The Pittsburgh River Rats, professional indoor football team, which will compete in the American Indoor Football Association beginning in Feb. 2007, are pleased to announce the signing of Scott Gresser to General Manager.

Mr. Gresser comes to Pittsburgh from the birth place of professional football, Canton, Ohio. In 2005, the inaguaral year of the American Indoor Football League, Mr. Gresser worked as an executive sales consultant for the Canton Legends.

In 2006, Mr Gresser was promoted to General Manager / Director of Football Operations for the Legends, in wihich he put together a championship organization both on and off the field.

"I'm excited about working with a new franchise in the Pittsburgh area, and will do everything I can to bring a championship to the area" Gresser said. "I also look forward to getting the team involved with the community as well as getting the community involved with the team."

The King
Site Admin

Post by The King » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:34 pm

Good luck to the new GM and Team. They are stockpiling a good group of players from other teams. I wonder how well they will play together. It also sounds like there will be pressure to win right away.

The King
Site Admin

Pittsburgh Ownership

Post by The King » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:37 pm

I have heard that Pittsburgh was sold to Andrew Haines. Is this true? If it is what does this mean for the league?

The King
Site Admin

forget last messge

Post by The King » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:41 pm

I posted before I read the other posts about the same thing.

Return to “AIF”