AIFL is Dead, AIFA is Born

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:55 pm

My bad.

I wouldn't put a team of any sport in the Bi-Lo Center. WAY too big and WAY too expensive.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

indoorfootballfan23
Site Admin

Post by indoorfootballfan23 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:50 pm

[quote=""rams80""]Is it Springfield?[/quote]

Has anyone heard what expansion team has left yet? Or is the Springfield team? Where is the herbenator when you need an answer about his team? It makes sense if it is Springfield since they are far enough north to play in the GLIFL. The other expansion teams are in the south.

I went to the Stalions website and there is no mention of any league on it.
Last edited by indoorfootballfan23 on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dogman
Site Admin

Only other capital is Tallahassee

Post by dogman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:58 pm

and it would make sense for them to bail, but frankly I don't think they are. Springfiled could also be unhappy they are listed in the southern division

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:01 pm

[quote=""indoorfootballfan23""]Has anyone heard what expansion team has left yet? Or is the Springfield team? Where is the herbenator when you need an answer about his team? It makes sense if it is Springfield since they are far enough north to play in the GLIFL. The other expansion teams are in the south.

I went to the Stalions website and there is no mention of any league on it.[/quote]

They could also potentially be a UIF "contingency plan" franchise for Fort Wayne's departure/not getting Chicago. (Although I doubt it.)
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:04 pm

[quote=""rams80""]They could also potentially be a UIF "contingency plan" franchise for Fort Wayne's departure/not getting Chicago. (Although I doubt it.)[/quote]

I really doubt it, too. UIF is not known for bending its ownership rules, especially not just for a warm body.

indoorfootballfan23
Site Admin

Post by indoorfootballfan23 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:23 pm

Where else would they go if they did not move to the UIF? Would they join the GLIFL or another league out there? There is no logo from any league on their homepage. That seems a little odd to me.

DestroyersFan
Site Admin

Post by DestroyersFan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:02 pm

The EIFL commissioner, John Guy, mentioned on a phone interview today with MooheadRadio.com that the EIFL's Chicago franchise is a group that owned a semi-pro team in Springfield. Perhaps they are unrelated, but who knows...
www.destroyersfan.com - The #1 Columbus Destroyers Fan Site!

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:56 pm

The Stallions site still has an AIFL football shown on its site. Appears to just be an oversight.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Haines

Post by mrinsideto-u » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:30 am

In North Ohio ,,,,,,,,,,,red with tan top, georgia tags

banannaman
Site Admin

Post by banannaman » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:05 am

[quote=""Geoff""]Dennis, note the publication date. Sept. 27. The AIFA wasn't announced until Oct. 2.[/quote]

But the name http://www.aifaprofootball.com was registered on September 12th. Looks like something is alittle fishy :? Someone new a month ago that the name was changing. And to respond to another post, a team in the EIFL in Chicago, that means they are a good 7 hours away from the closet team, and like 17 from the farthest, so much for this being the best league to make money in.

Return to “AIF”