Aifl to sue?

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:43 am

The AIFL is already 0-1 in court. Maybe by suing, Haines thinks he can pay off what he owes in the other suit.

BTW, prior bad acts isn't suppressed in a civil suit, so the judgement against the AIFL can be used against them (and further strengthen a breach of contract defense against the AIFL).
In most states, the plaintiff can be ordered to pay damages and legal fees for a nuisance suit, so Haines is taking a big risk on this one.

To paraphrase Alec Baldwin in "Glengarry Glen Ross," maybe Haines better just sit back over his drink and say, "I was in sports league management once. It's a tough racket."

11HP20
Site Admin

Post by 11HP20 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:05 am

[quote=""preeths""]You have to wonder if this does anyone any good. All of these lawsuits have been futile because in the end. Leagues sue, teams claim breach of contract, and after both have spent a lot of money, we end up right back where we started.[/quote]

I have to wonder if indoor football wasn't thought up by a group of lawyers. It's turning into a wonderful income generator for them.
More seriously the lawsuits are more about ego then anything else. As soon as the peons realize their needs are subservient to the wants of AH and CS the lawsuits will end.
Life is funny, unless you're too stupid to get the joke.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:29 am

I have a bad feeling this will get ugly.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:41 am

Ugly will not begin to describe it. But I feel sure that the WIFL will be ready.

Return to “AIF”