Baltimore to the AIF

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
LewInDenver
Site Admin

Baltimore to the AIF

Post by LewInDenver » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Well... That sucks! Should have been the PIFL!

Heres the release;
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=4679873
OUT

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:23 pm

And in other news, the sun rose this morning.

I don't know what hold Morris has over that building, but... if they want to keep getting burned, it's their choice. Theoretically, at least, it's run by adults...

JeffCapo
Site Admin

Post by JeffCapo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:22 am

not holding my breath - still too many questions
Jeffrey T. Capo

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:58 am

You guys should all run out and buy your entire family season tickets......

ha ha, no don't do that.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:27 pm

This a.. John Morris guy, Anyone hear of him? :rolleyes: snicker, snicker Ha ha ha ha ha

SugarBear
Site Admin

Post by SugarBear » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:38 am

Lew nailed it....I wish it was for the PIFL.

Robster got it right too....1st Mariner is operated by adults and if they want to risk the potential chance of being burned that's on them at this point.

From the rumors I heard, there was approximately $10,000 worth of unpaid bills. I heard that from a couple of sources but I can't actually confirm those numbers myself. I'm also not sure if it was owed by the owner of the Mariners or by the league itself. Did anyone hear anything similar?

I'm also curious to see what this new Atlanta team is going to look like.

The AIF has Scranton 2014 listed on their league website but still no word on them just yet. They also have the West Virgina Badgers still listed...didn't they fold last season? Their website is no longer up: http://wvbadgers.com

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:02 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]You guys should all run out and buy your entire family season tickets......

ha ha, no don't do that.[/quote]

It's a 12000 seat arena, the team will probably average about 1000 per game, why would anyone be DUMB ENOUGH to commit to paying for the whole season up front when the fan has the leverage and you can pick and choose on a moments notuce if you want to go or not?

That said, I'm looking forward to it! Hope it happens.

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:49 pm

[quote=""NTE""]It's a 12000 seat arena, the team will probably average about 1000 per game, why would anyone be DUMB ENOUGH to commit to paying for the whole season up front when the fan has the leverage and you can pick and choose on a moments notuce if you want to go or not?

That said, I'm looking forward to it! Hope it happens.[/quote]

Is it dumb to want a team to stick around? One of the deterrents to legitimate business peoples interest is a culture of fans showing no investment in teams. Picking and choosing at a moments notice makes this industry one of the worst to be in.

A $100 season ticket on a Visa/Mastercard/Amex(not debit) and you have no risk as the credit card companies will refund you if the team goes under.

If you are a fan of a team or sport and want them to be in your city, buy a season ticket.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 pm

[quote=""Hockey""]Is it dumb to want a team to stick around? One of the deterrents to legitimate business peoples interest is a culture of fans showing no investment in teams. Picking and choosing at a moments notice makes this industry one of the worst to be in.

A $100 season ticket on a Visa/Mastercard/Amex(not debit) and you have no risk as the credit card companies will refund you if the team goes under.

If you are a fan of a team or sport and want them to be in your city, buy a season ticket.[/quote]

NFL, cable companies, utilities, the MVA, insurance companies they all have the upper hand. I have the upper hand over indoor football and I plan to use it. I'll make my decisions based on my personal advantage and convenience. It's on them to find a way to "stick around".

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Besides, I love indoor football, but I can't commit to every games, other things might come up.

Return to “AIF”