Are you kidding me?

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
RevolutionX
Site Admin

Are you kidding me?

Post by RevolutionX » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Really, I mean really. Harrisburg Stampede 100 - West Virginia Badgers 0...Care Fear Heroes 75 Washington 28.... Can this league truely get any worse. Nice product your putting on the field John Morris. First class professional organization your running there. Its gonna get old for these punching bag teams really quick, and not to not even get paid to get the s**t kicked out of you. Thats insulting. What happens when one of these players get hurt and there is no coverage for their injuries.These players were sold a pipe dream and are just being used. Who is the first to tell Johnny Boy to go crap in his hat....any bets.
Last edited by RevolutionX on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Having watched both teams play I can tell you that the West Virginia Badgers make the Washington Eagles look like an NFL team. That's how bad the Badgers are.That game last week between the Stampede and Badgers was awful.The Stampede put their backup QB who is actually a DB in half way through the 3rd quarter and were still scoring at will. The Badgers had 2 first downs and one came on a Stampede personal foul penalty. I think they had more blocked fg attempts then completed passes. I was tempted to walk over to John Morris and ask him how the hell he can allow a team like this in his league. if you check out the Badgers FB page they are now seeking players for all positions to play this weekend.Just another day in the AIF.

gatek99
Site Admin

Post by gatek99 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:08 pm

I take it the badgers are just a semi-pro team?

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:26 pm

[quote=""black dog""]Having watched both teams play I can tell you that the West Virginia Badgers make the Washington Eagles look like an NFL team.[/quote]

This made me lol. Thank you.

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06 pm

[quote=""gatek99""]I take it the badgers are just a semi-pro team?[/quote]
They are an "official" AIF team but I'm not sure how many of their players have indoor experience.They are a travel team only. They were supposed to have a home arena in Ranson WV but that must have fallen through. They played last year as the Virginia Badgers and apparently the move to West Virginia didn't make them any better. I don't like to rip players, but most of their squad were out of shape and looked better suited to be on a bowling league team then a football team. Should be another close game this weekend for the Stampede as they play the Hampton Crusaders who aren't even part of the AIF. I'm betting they hit the century mark again in scoring.

gatek99
Site Admin

Post by gatek99 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:24 pm

[quote=""black dog""]They are an "official" AIF team but I'm not sure how many of their players have indoor experience.They are a travel team only. They were supposed to have a home arena in Ranson WV but that must have fallen through. They played last year as the Virginia Badgers and apparently the move to West Virginia didn't make them any better. I don't like to rip players, but most of their squad were out of shape and looked better suited to be on a bowling league team then a football team. Should be another close game this weekend for the Stampede as they play the Hampton Crusaders who aren't even part of the AIF. I'm betting they hit the century mark again in scoring.[/quote]

so do they get paid? What teams get paid in the AIF? and how much?

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:17 am

[quote=""gatek99""]so do they get paid? What teams get paid in the AIF? and how much?[/quote]
I'm not sure if Hampton is getting paid. I would hope they are getting something for their trouble and expenses.Also can't say for sure what players for AIF teams are getting paid.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:01 am

Hampton is a possible expansion team for next season.

coachrob6
Site Admin

all too real

Post by coachrob6 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:46 pm

lol, i was wondering how long it would take lmao :eek:

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 am

[quote=""black dog""]They are an "official" AIF team but I'm not sure how many of their players have indoor experience.They are a travel team only. They were supposed to have a home arena in Ranson WV but that must have fallen through. [/quote]

According to a since deleted Facebook post from the team owner, the originally signed Badgers players were allowed out of their contracts when the arena deal fell through.

Return to “AIF”