2 ?s

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
DFWCC
Site Admin

2 ?s

Post by DFWCC » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 pm

2 ?s
Two questions
1) which AIF team will be the 1st to tank?
and
2) how many teams will bite the dust in the AIF this year?

ans
1) Washington Eagles
2) 2 teams will fail.
Wash rolls into Balto
and Roc City runs into travel woes

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:34 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]2 ?s
Two questions
1) which AIF team will be the 1st to tank?
and
2) how many teams will bite the dust in the AIF this year?

ans
1) Washington Eagles
2) 2 teams will fail.
Wash rolls into Balto
and Roc City runs into travel woes
[/quote]

How about the entire league?

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 pm

The Washington Eagles recently picked up another home game.
Their May 11th game was supposed to be a home game for the Badgers but will now be played at the Eagles field.
The Badgers may be the first to become a road team.

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:10 pm

I find it strange that even though Harrisburg is closest in proximity to Roc City they are not scheduled to play each other, not once.Instead Roc City's schedule consists of playing WV four times, York three times and Wash once.Yet Harrisburg's schedule consists of playing a team called the Hampton Crusaders who I am assuming are an outdoor semi pro team because they are not listed as an official AIF team.Doesn't make much sense to me.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 pm

The Hampton Crusaders game must be an exhibition game. The Stampede have 9 games on their schedule, the league is only playing an eight game schedule. Just a guess on my part.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:35 pm

OK, didnt we see this last season, perhapps the single most f'd up debockle in pro sports history. Not that anything, I mean anything, in the AIF is professional. Now someone tell the AIF schedule maker to put down the Jack Daniels and get a clue. It will be the same as last year, the schedule already has proven this true, a freakin joke. This league is a freaking cockroach. Keeps comming back when nobody wants them. Yet then come back with the scam every year and yet again teams actually join John Morris. Start a pool, how many teams will fail, how many fake teams will play at some time this season. I truly cannot believe people actually buy John Morris's crap.

SugarBear
Site Admin

Same thing over and over

Post by SugarBear » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:39 pm

I think all the new AIF team owners need to put those JD bottles down too for now, cause they bought into this non-sense known as the AIF. They'll need them again soon enough when they go broke halfway through the season.

So let's see, what are the odds of Harrisburg and Cape Fear in the title game again this year.....looks like a no brianer to me...in my opinion, there is nothing but fill-in fluff teams for certain individuals to make it to the title game over and over and over. The sad thing is, there are good players and coaches on both those teams...and I'm sure others sprinkled here and there on other teams...however, its the league itself that's a joke.

Again, I will never bash a player or coach that have the guts to lace 'em and play the game. It's just so many get screwed over and over. I would respect it more if the league said, all teams are league owned and it would be done with. All teams would be equal. But its not. It's clear what team's are favored....clearly.

I am curious, does anyone know what the league dues are for this debacle of a league?

What about player salaries? I heard $200 a game. Is that right?

I would also assume if I was Roc City and looked at my travel schedule and compared it to Harrisburg, you'd think the league would assist them or be a bit more accomodating with their scheduling and the costs associated with it. Again, to me it's obvious who the two favored teams....and two more coming in 2014....

but as they say Buyer Beware.

nksports
Site Admin

It can't be that bad, can it?

Post by nksports » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:49 am

[quote=""RevolutionX""]OK, didnt we see this last season, perhaps the single most f'd up debockle in pro sports history.[/quote]

Worse than the final seasons of the NIFL? Worse than the ABA? Worse than the EIEIFL? Worse than the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League? (I realize the bar is set pretty low for minor league sports).

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 am

[quote=""50 Yard Fan""]The Hampton Crusaders game must be an exhibition game. The Stampede have 9 games on their schedule, the league is only playing an eight game schedule. Just a guess on my part.[/quote]

That may be the case, but fans are still being charged full price for a game in which the final score will probably be like 72-6. Many of the games the Stampede played last year were against these semi pro outdoor teams like the Tri State Redhawks and Virginia Badgers, and they just weren't competitive. I'm hoping the AIF is more then just Harrisburg and Cape Fear this year. York looks like they have signed alot of indoor football vets, I recognized probably10-12 names currently on their roster so it looks like they will atleast be a legit indoor team.I guess we will have to see about Roc City, Wash and WV. I just can't see that the league could be any worse then last year.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:27 pm

[quote=""SugarBear""]I think all the new AIF team owners need to put those JD bottles down too for now, cause they bought into this non-sense known as the AIF. They'll need them again soon enough when they go broke halfway through the season. [/quote]

But who knows, maybe they are making money? They're charging guys $75-$100 just to try out for teams for instance, they probably drain the finances before "going broke".

Return to “AIF”