American Indoor Football (but no Association?)

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:53 pm

[quote=""black dog""]I know we heard rumblings about the rebirth of the AIFA months ago, but seeing the actual announcement that a JM led league will again be up and running blows my mind.I'm also shocked that Harrisburg, a team that consistently draws 200-300 people a game will again be in operation. How is this fiscally possible? It's not like sponsors are beating down their doors either. Even after three years of having a team, most people in Harrisburg are still unaware that the Stampede exist.I have been a big Stampede fan from day one, but I will no longer give my hard earned money to this cut rate operation.I also support Lehigh Valley of the IFL and I would rather drive an hour and a half to watch an organization that is commited to putting a quality product both on the field and out in the community then drive ten minutes to watch John Morris' circus freak show.[/quote]

Don't forget about Reading, too.
What are you doing here?

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm still waiting on the John Morris press release where he offers Terrell Owens 1,000,000 Rupees to play for the Harrisburg Stampede in 2012.
Last edited by coachingubigr on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 pm

No, Owens will be offered $100,000,000,000 to play for Harrisburg.

Unfortunately, those are the now-unused Zimbabwean Dollars, whose value as of mid-2008 when that stopped going...well, the $100 billion noted above was worth about $0.15 US.
What are you doing here?

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:36 pm

[quote=""exit322""]No, Owens will be offered $100,000,000,000 to play for Harrisburg.

Unfortunately, those are the now-unused Zimbabwean Dollars, whose value as of mid-2008 when that stopped going...well, the $100 billion noted above was worth about $0.15 US.[/quote]

Then he should counter with 1,000,000 Rupees

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:24 am

[quote=""EDOJ1""]The Maryland Force has always played out in Frederick where the Baltimore Charm Practices since the Charms Head Coach runs a team out there also.[/quote]

What I find interesting about this team is their owner, Chuck Thompson, was a player on the Trenton Steel's pre-season roster, but was cut. A good player, journeyman, who has played for a variety of teams in the indoor world. Not to be a hater, give him credit for wanting a team, but how does he he have the finances to run a professional orgaization. John Morris had to have given him a deal he couldn't refuse just to have another team in his league. Playing semi-pro developmental ICFL to AIF. How will they survive? If they dont get 1st Mariner, is their current home up to the "professional" standards of play and how many people does the facility seat? Knowing what it takes, financially, I dont understand this move. John Morris is behind this. Youll probably see them wearing the Fayetteville Forces uniforms and equipment, supplied by Morris, possibly playing in an area whose rights are held by Morris.Fayetteville is allegedly changing their name. Is this a scam for the people of Fayetteville to think something new is comming, except it will be the same old Morris endevour. Nobody kid yourself, Morris is behind this team. He will control three teams in his own league and off set the costs by the "developmental" team. No way this works, just cant see it.

aclb
Site Admin

Post by aclb » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:31 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]I'm still waiting on the John Morris press release where he offers Terrell Owens 1,000,000 Rupees to play for the Harrisburg Stampede in 2012.[/quote]

Maybe he can pay TO in pesos to play in Cancun.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:40 pm

[quote=""aclb""]maybe he can pay to in pesos to play in cancun.[/quote]

muy muy bueno!!!!

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Any word on having a Baltimore team in 1st Mariner?

And by the way, who is DUMB enough to buy season tickets for a league that doesn't fill 20% of the stadium? Why commit yourself when tickets will ALWAYS be availabale?

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:09 pm

I don't know...it sounds like the Reapers will play at the Show Place Arena...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]I don't know...it sounds like the Reapers will play at the Show Place Arena...[/quote]

I don't know about that but I agree that it could well be a non-Baltimore location. After all, if the Reapers were to play in Baltimore, wouldn't the franchise have likely named itself after the city instead of the state?

Return to “AIF”