American Indoor Football (but no Association?)

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:06 pm

It wouldn't be trouble; it'd just be stupid.
What are you doing here?

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:15 pm

[quote=""exit322""]It wouldn't be trouble; it'd just be stupid.[/quote]

lol good point

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Ok, people...is anyone actually drinking the cool aide. Last time someone got a bunch a people to drink the cool aide, his name was Jim Jones and well we all know that turned out. If you have to sell your all star game in Cancun Mexico as an expensises paid vacation, you got no credibitity. Everything comming out John Morris's mouth smells like it came out the other end. Now he is going to use players dreams and desire to play to fund his three owned teams in this third incarnation of JMIFL. Sugar bear and Coach. Great points. Does anyone have an idea what NJ team he is referencing. IS it Trenton, thought BONDO would have been smarter, especially getting screwed with the SIFL merger fiasco and being a sports agent and attorney. Hope his clients dont know his business dealings. The only thing that would make this over the top is if Morris got Champion Sports and Entertainment, the former owners of the NJ Revolution, to get involved. They werent NJ people, neither is Morris, so how can he say a team in NJ without any ties to the community. National sponsorship, gimmy a break, why didint he have this the first two times. This guy is full of empty promises and lies. Who is going to be responsible for transporting an entire field to Cancun? This is a freaking joke, Why cant this guy just fade away and stop ripping people off, and all his cronies aint no better. Someone should look at his finances. If your drinking it, hope the cool aide tastes good, suckers.

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 pm

[quote=""RevolutionX""]Who is going to be responsible for transporting an entire field to Cancun? This is a freaking joke, Why cant this guy just fade away and stop ripping people off, and all his cronies aint no better. Someone should look at his finances. If your drinking it, hope the cool aide tastes good, suckers.[/quote]

Maybe he has some of that Mexican drug cartel money behind him. Figuring he has to be a big time consumer to think these plans are going to work.

IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Post by IndoorExpert » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 pm

[quote=""Hockey""]Maybe he has some of that Mexican drug cartel money behind him. Figuring he has to be a big time consumer to think these plans are going to work.[/quote]

Well we know how this story will end............

SugarBear
Site Admin

Post by SugarBear » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:05 pm

It's probably not cartel money, he's probably selling timeshares! I think I got all the same things when I "won a free" trip, just had to sit through a two-hour presentation. Viva Mexico!

EDOJ1
Site Admin

Post by EDOJ1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:31 am

[quote=""SugarBear""]By no means, would I ever consider myself a "hater" or begrudge anyone an opportunity to make a living/money. But the entire indoor world (even beyond this new AIF "venture") never cesses to amaze may. The backdoor games and utter shadiness. I am assuming that basically all of the eastern portion teams will be owned by JM, correct? The potential 5: Fayetteville (now run by Jack Bowman from what I've been told - GM of 3 teams is 3 years Richmond/Carolina/now Fayetteville - how does this happen), Harrisburg (with a coach that just praised him in the press release - but was fired by him before!!), Trenton (which got bamboozled last year when he was sold into the SIFL with Trenton and Fayetteville), Carolina? (who knows if they're coming back but they were owned by same owner), Baltimore (from what I hear, will be run by Chuck Thompson and they're already trying to ride the Baltimore Charm of the LFL coattails to get in 1st Mariner - which as I read on the boards is still due money from the previous venture there) Am I crazy? Does any of this make sense?

PS: Dan great comment/catch - I said the same thing. You're announcing your new league and worried about the amenities your all-star team will have.....WHAT????[/quote]

The Maryland Force has always played out in Frederick where the Baltimore Charm Practices since the Charms Head Coach runs a team out there also.

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 am

[quote=""coachingubigr""]I just don't see this ending well for anyone.......John Morris is like the Little Engine That Could of indoor football. Always trying and failing and trying again.[/quote]
That same was said 2 years ago about Andrew Haines (still not sold on the UIFL btw).

I too doubt this new AIFA incarnation will last long (2 years max).
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:03 pm

[quote=""EDOJ1""]The Maryland Force has always played out in Frederick where the Baltimore Charm Practices since the Charms Head Coach runs a team out there also.[/quote]

Yes, but that's the developmental Force squad. Will the "professional" version of the Force play AIF league games in Frederick, Baltimore or somewhere else?

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:15 pm

I know we heard rumblings about the rebirth of the AIFA months ago, but seeing the actual announcement that a JM led league will again be up and running blows my mind.I'm also shocked that Harrisburg, a team that consistently draws 200-300 people a game will again be in operation. How is this fiscally possible? It's not like sponsors are beating down their doors either. Even after three years of having a team, most people in Harrisburg are still unaware that the Stampede exist.I have been a big Stampede fan from day one, but I will no longer give my hard earned money to this cut rate operation.I also support Lehigh Valley of the IFL and I would rather drive an hour and a half to watch an organization that is commited to putting a quality product both on the field and out in the community then drive ten minutes to watch John Morris' circus freak show.

Return to “AIF”