Who's left?

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
RevolutionX
Site Admin

Who's left?

Post by RevolutionX » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:22 pm

ok, new leagues have formed, teams announcing new affiliations, news from all over except from this guy Morris. It looks like the only teams left without a home are Harrisburg ( Morris), Fayetteville (Morris) Carolina ( Morris disciple Bowman), and Trenton ( Morris influenced BONDO). If this guy was to try and re-start, he would control two of the four. If any joins up, they would be paying to run his teams. Guarenteed he would promise teams the world to join, and when they fail, he will take control ala Fayetteville. Rumor had it hes re-forming. How? Can't see it. On another note, anyone know about this New York Stampede. They were supposed to start play in 2012, Former Dolphin Kirby Dar-Dar GM, supposed to play out of the Rochester area, IFL team announced in Binhamton, just wondering. Cant see this ever working.

SugarBear
Site Admin

Post by SugarBear » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:10 pm

RevX great question. If you go to the NY Stampede facebook page, there has not been any postings on their page since May 18th. I'd say that's not a good sign that we'll see them anytime soon.

As for the AIFA, let us not forget about the "Maryland Force" who will most likely make an attempt to play in 1st Mariner Arena. Wonder why? So now up to 5 whole teams - couple of new wannabes and it can be up to 8 - there ya go - back in business. But whether the AIFA is a go or not, they better get a move on because other leagues are now up and running (LSFL,PIFL,UIFL,CIFL?) and come 10/1 when the IFL can start announcing, they're only gonna lose even more ground.

Again, I have been around the minor league scene now for about a solid 4-5 years after years at the major league level, and the level of shadiness and backstabbing, just completely amazes me. The egos of these Jerry Jones/Mark Cuban wannabes is a joke. What I truly enjoy is how some league reps and owners think they're so slick and I love when others on this board call them out. Keep up the good work ya'll.

I do feel bad about the true fans. Like the old Baltimore Mariners fans, they were so dedicated and got screwed over. The poor Richmond Raider fans, come on, its not fair what they went through. All the best to you in the PIFL, hope finally you'll have a decent league to call home.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Don't be surprised if indoor football in Trenton takes a year off. Have also heard that Carolina may not be returning, and Bowman is now running Fayetteville. I don't know if any of it's 100 percent finalized, but guys who usually have the story right have said the preceding.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:04 pm

I can see Trenton going black for a year, hell BONDO had to have lost his shirt with the SIFL, Fayetteville fiasco. Bowman running Fayetteville, Morris owned, doesnt surprise me because he is a Morris disciple and wasnt he a national director of the AIFA also, so wouldnt expect anything less, hell what is everyone in the AIFA league office gonna run a team, we all know how well that works.
Sugar bear, I hear you. Ultimately its the fans that get screwed by all the shadiness and back stabbing. If...and I mean if this ever happens ...again, I cant see this working. Morris has failed twice already, but I guess three times is a charm, not. Its more like three strikes and your out.. They are definately behind the eight ball hear.

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:31 pm

The Maryland Force confirmed via Facebook/Twitter today that they will play in the AIFA for 2012.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pm

[quote=""DCAbloob""]The Maryland Force confirmed via Facebook/Twitter today that they will play in the AIFA for 2012.[/quote]

Ok, who will the Maryland Force play? That is the real question.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:56 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]Ok, who will the Maryland Force play? That is the real question.[/quote]

Ummmm... there's a joke to be had, but I'm not going there. :) I might go blind.

Oh, dear, I went there. :)

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:24 pm

This apparently is the home "arena" for the Maryland Force:
http://marylandforce.com/ARENA.HTML

nobby1979
Site Admin

Post by nobby1979 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Believe they are only there for their currently planned "warm-up" season in the ICFL and that they still have their sights set on 1st Mariner for the AIFA season.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:08 pm

[quote=""nobby1979""]Believe they are only there for their currently planned "warm-up" season in the ICFL and that they still have their sights set on 1st Mariner for the AIFA season.[/quote]

But it can't be a one team league. Who else is going to be in the AIFA?

Return to “AIF”