AIFA Kick OFF Classic last night

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
chardale
Site Admin

AIFA Kick OFF Classic last night

Post by chardale » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Waiting for some one to start this thread but here goes, I was at the game last night and YES the Home team won, but I can tell you this, the COWS and Horses want their place back, woke up this morning with the smell of KaKa still in my head from last night's game. There was about 2,100 there but NO more than that. Did see M & M there, I did see Big Jack Bowman there, and he was Busy ALL night getting things done, have a few Pic's to share so will do so soon. Overall I gave it a 5 out of 10. Half time Dance show was the better part with all those kids there, but you couldn't understand the LADY who had the Mic, durring the time outs, need to replace her, and there was NOT a whole lot of music, I'll go in to it later. but again a 5, they have A LOT of work there but it can and should be good there.
Last edited by chardale on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CIFL ( Chicago Indoor Football League ) :infun:

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:54 pm

That game was a joke, I watched some of it. How can they expect a decent game when they are only giving the teams 3 days to practice. You need to give them a week minimum to have a decent game.

That place could turn out to be a great place for Indoor Football, because the fans are literally on top on the field. Kinda like Cameron Indoor Stadium. That could be a really tough place to play if the Stampede have a good team this year.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:57 pm

I saw that game on the AIFAFans Video, Dave. They missed as many illegal defense calls against the Raiders as they called, if not more. The defensive rules are far far far far far far far different in the AIFA from CIFL, and it appears the only issue with that game was that no one bothered to tell your coaches.
What are you doing here?

nobby1979
Site Admin

Post by nobby1979 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Just wondering how you can have an "All Star" team when your league hasnt played a down yet this year??? Can someone who was there comment on the talent of the All Star team? Were they legit, or did they just throw some sheep out to the wolves?

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14 pm

The AIFA is all passing, it is really no different than the af2, other than there are no nets and the UNO rule

xmradiodave
Site Admin

Post by xmradiodave » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:13 pm

I was at the game as well. Chardale, there were definitely more than 2,100 people there. There was closer to 3,000 people in attendance. The game play was a bit rough, and I will not comment on the officiating, the purpose of the game was for the people of Harrisburg to get excited about their new team. Prior to the game, I was at the Burger King across the street from the arena. Every one there, including the people working there, were all talking about the upcoming game. t was actually endearing and kind of cool to see. It is a small, blue collar town, and it was nce to see them excited about something.

The game started, and the Stampede were struggling due to very poor QB play. A QB change was made at the half, and Harrisburg rebounded. I will not comment either on accusations that the game was "fixed", as it is not my place to comment on it either way. So that is just silly speculation as far as I am concerned.

The folks in the arena and sitting around me went from booing in the 1st half to cheering and talking playoffs already. The game did exactly what it was intended to do. It got the folks in Harrisburg excited about their team.

But I do agree with the smell of the arena. Smelled like poop. But it is a farm show complex. No amount of Fabreeze can clear that air.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:45 am

Yes, Dave, I'm sorry. We can't all be used car salesmen.

Though a manager at McDonalds actually has an excellent benefits package and pay scale...just like yours probably is at Big Bill Hell's or whatever the car lot is called...no, I've got a better job than that.

That's great that he has all this experience. The refs still missed well over a dozen illegal defense calls on the Raiders, on top of the ones they did throw the flag for.
What are you doing here?

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:17 am

If they have the money and want to seriously think about next year, you have to look into the Giant Center in Hershey (where the Hershey Bears AHL team play).

I think as indoor fans, we've had enough with the equestrian and farm show/rodeo venues thanks to the NIFL.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:15 am

[quote=""nobby1979""]Just wondering how you can have an "All Star" team when your league hasnt played a down yet this year??? Can someone who was there comment on the talent of the All Star team? Were they legit, or did they just throw some sheep out to the wolves?[/quote]

Yes there was some of the legit guys from around the league, but I wouldnt call them all stars,,Notice the team with the most talent didn't have any of their players there? COLUMBUS,,,,,,,I did see also that some of the All Star players were using head gear from the local semi pro team But that I could understand,by not having eqpt,,,,Still smell the "POOP" AND I CAN COUNT,,,,,,,,,,,,I dint care what the paper said, there was no one in the end zones and about 1,000 on each side,,maybe 1,200,,,,but not 3,000. the whole upper part of the " POOP PALACE"was empty. No pun intended
CIFL ( Chicago Indoor Football League ) :infun:

arlingtonway
Site Admin

Post by arlingtonway » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:45 pm

the reason the building smelled is because the PA Farm Show spent the week before the game in the building, The farm show has been held on the same week since before my father was born... blame the league for scheduling the game when they did. Anyone who's a veteran of the Heat and the Hammerheads knows the smell doesn't always offend.
Last edited by arlingtonway on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo

Return to “AIF”