Adrenaline without a home??

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
insane_asylum
Site Admin

Adrenaline without a home??

Post by insane_asylum » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:55 pm

I'll post this on record as being nothing more then "unofficial info" at this point, but my sources tell me that Tim's Toyota Center / Global Entertainment will not be renewing the contract with the Arizona Adrenaline....which would leave them homeless and looking for a place to play. I would guess it has nothing to do with the fact that the Adrenaline only averaged "300-400" actual sold tickets for each home game last year (the rest were gimmes and comped). Kinda tough to pay the arena fees which I understand to be around $12,000+ per event. (Most likely, Global/Arena have not been paid by the team for use fees)

Oh....I forgot to tell you about the time during the past season when I was at a local bowling alley and there was an Adrenaline player there selling merchandise out of a trash bag just so he could get payed for playing. This came straight from his mouth during a conversation I had with him.

OK....lets see......where can the Adrenaline play that has an indoor arena with football field capability....>>>>
NAU Walkup Dome - Flagstaff (Home to the Lumberjacks)
US Airways Arena - Phoenix (Home to the Phoenix Suns)
RVHS Dome - Round Valley High School-Eager/Springerville, AZ.

So their best bet is to pack up and move east to Springerville. I know the RVHS Dome can hold 500 people.

And my prediction is still the team will fold. We'll soon see.......wink wink!!! :D :cool:
Last edited by insane_asylum on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Correction on Venue names

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:25 am

Walkup = NAU. RVHS's is just the RVHS Dome

Fez
Site Admin

Post by Fez » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:26 pm

There are a few other arenas in phoenix. Glendale Arena (home to NHL's Coyotes) and the Fairgrounds Coliseum (Phoenix Suns played there until the early 90s). The Fairgrounds is the right price probably, but with the AFL's Arizona Rattlers in town, I don't know why the AIFA would want to try it.

Far better for the Adrenaline to move to Tucson or Yuma if Flagstaff or Eastern AZ don't work.
Subscribe to Dayton Pro Sports Daily News: http://paper.li/f-1313642591

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Since beer sales are the lifeblood of minor league sports, and since schools tend to not like to buy equipment (boards, specific turf or removable paint for the current turf), the school ideas are at best temporary, at worst pipe dreams.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

insane_asylum
Site Admin

Post by insane_asylum » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:06 pm

[quote=""Fez""]There are a few other arenas in phoenix. Glendale Arena (home to NHL's Coyotes) and the Fairgrounds Coliseum (Phoenix Suns played there until the early 90s). The Fairgrounds is the right price probably, but with the AFL's Arizona Rattlers in town, I don't know why the AIFA would want to try it.

Far better for the Adrenaline to move to Tucson or Yuma if Flagstaff or Eastern AZ don't work.[/quote]

I don't honestly think that The Coliseum or Glendale Arena would even look at the idea. Aifa is too small in comparison to leagues like the AFL and AFL2.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:37 pm

Oh, the big arenas will LOOK at them. That's not a problem.

They'll just ask for rent commensurate to what they'd ask of others who might want to use the building. That's guaranteed to be a bit high for an AIFA team.

In other words, I think the possibility exists, no matter how stupid the AIFA owner would be to accept it.

Just note, however: Phoenix has facility glut of a sort. That allows an ECHL team downtown. Conditions for the AIFA in Phoenix are not as stifling as they would be in a one-arena major market.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:39 pm

I meant to post on this topic several weeks ago, but it slipped my mind. I have been told there is no truth to the rumor of the Adrenaline losing its home arena. I am told they will again play this season at Tim's Toyota Center.

Return to “AIF”