Aifa Future, In Jeopardy ?

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
chardale
Site Admin

Aifa Future, In Jeopardy ?

Post by chardale » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:26 pm

If you owned a team in the AIFA and was tired of all the BS, and was in the general area of teams from the IFL would you move or change league's? Every one talks about a super league or a giant one. Lets say the top CIFL and AIFA teams joining the IFL would it make sense? And what would it do for indoor football as a whole?

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:34 pm

There's an article from the Faribanks AK. paper that says IFL has already listed 6 AIFA markets as possibilities for '09. It doesn't mention any CIFL teams.

http://http://newsminer.com/news/2008/aug/02/ifl-takes-new-meaning-grizzlies/

If I'm in another league, I'd have to at least consider this one.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:06 am

but what if u had, say- marion, erie, RR, Chicago Bloomington and Miami Valley and muskeegan all in 1 division, That would work right?

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:26 am

Yeah, the Chicago Slaughter will most likely join the IFL and maybe even Rock River

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:34 am

Chicago showed interest in leaving the CIFL after last season, dunno if that same management is still in place now though.
People stress the violence. That's the smallest part of it. Football is brutal only from a distance. In the middle of it there's a calm, a tranquility. The players accept pain. There's a sense of order even at the end of a running play with bodies strewn everywhere. When the systems interlock, there's a satisfaction to the game that can't be duplicated. There's a harmony.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:13 am

I'm sure the afore mentioned CIFL teams are stable franchises, but the article doesn't mention any of them. It could be a case of the new league simply not being interested in them. I don't know why, if they are good franchises, it would only be matter of adapting them to the 8-man game, but I'm not the one in charge. ;)
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:38 pm

I have heard mention anywhere from 3 to possible 6 divisions when it is all said and done... does that mean 6 division for the 2009 season?? That has not been determine. Rest Assured, they was going to make sure that all teams being considered either by expansion or existing teams are stable enough organizations to be in this for the Long Haul! The fans deserve this!

Getting to be around a group of owners, who are all on the same page... was very very exciting...
Last edited by sportznut on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:08 am

[quote=""sportznut""]I have heard mention anywhere from 3 to possible 6 divisions when it is all said and done... does that mean 6 division for the 2009 season?? That has not been determine. Rest Assured, they was going to make sure that all teams being considered either by expansion or existing teams are stable enough organizations to be in this for the Long Haul! The fans deserve this!

Getting to be around a group of owners, who are all on the same page... was very very exciting...[/quote] Yes it was.......now the waiting game begins. 2 teams as of today have already made way from the talk. Now if only the rest would do what IS right for themselves and their FANS.. Can u say SUPER LEAGUE from the start

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:18 pm

[quote=""Tatonka""]Chicago showed interest in leaving the CIFL after last season, dunno if that same management is still in place now though.[/quote]

No, that was actually a plant.
What are you doing here?

Return to “AIF”