Is the Mississippi vs Wyoming game in Wyoming?

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
IndoorFan
Site Admin

Is the Mississippi vs Wyoming game in Wyoming?

Post by IndoorFan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:52 am

If so....why? Mississippi has the best record in the league. Why would they be on the road for any game?

mel3476
Site Admin

Post by mel3476 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:38 pm

[quote=""IndoorFan""]If so....why? Mississippi has the best record in the league. Why would they be on the road for any game?[/quote]

I don't think the league has the answer to that question...

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:40 pm

We've seen some bad press in the Mississippi papers recently... the Mudcats are struggling financially and it's becoming fairly commonplace for teams having a money crunch to "sell" their home postseason games.
People stress the violence. That's the smallest part of it. Football is brutal only from a distance. In the middle of it there's a calm, a tranquility. The players accept pain. There's a sense of order even at the end of a running play with bodies strewn everywhere. When the systems interlock, there's a satisfaction to the game that can't be duplicated. There's a harmony.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:21 pm

The only other explanation is that the AIFA predetermined what division would host the conference title games, as they did with the title game in the "East" (Reading/Florence winner)
What are you doing here?

roozy
Site Admin

Post by roozy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:58 am

I'm happy to be able to attend, but I certainly thought it would be in Mississippi.

GoCavs1
Site Admin

Post by GoCavs1 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 am

The reason for the game being in Wyoming is because of the huge financial losses Mississippi was taking at home. They made the deal with Wyoming for Wyoming to host the game. And that was from the head office of Mississippi

MommaColt
Site Admin

Post by MommaColt » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:04 pm

[quote=""GoCavs1""]The reason for the game being in Wyoming is because of the huge financial losses Mississippi was taking at home. They made the deal with Wyoming for Wyoming to host the game. And that was from the head office of Mississippi[/quote]

Actually, the playoff game in Wyoming has been set since November. It has nothing to do with Mississippi's financial situation. The game would be in Wyoming whether it was Columbus, Augusta, Miss or any other team.

roozy
Site Admin

Post by roozy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:38 pm

[quote=""MommaColt""]Actually, the playoff game in Wyoming has been set since November. It has nothing to do with Mississippi's financial situation. The game would be in Wyoming whether it was Columbus, Augusta, Miss or any other team.[/quote]

Unless you can show us proof, I'll have to disagree. The only post-season game that was guaranteed to be in Casper was the traditional July 4th game that we have always had. Our record would have had any other team other than Mississippi at home for the Conference Championship game.

GoCavs1
Site Admin

Post by GoCavs1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:28 am

Leah from the Mudcats front office is who told me why. I thought the same thing too roozy at first that it was predetermined until she emailed me the reason for where the game was being played. That's all I know......

roozy
Site Admin

Post by roozy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:39 am

[quote=""MommaColt""]Actually, the playoff game in Wyoming has been set since November. It has nothing to do with Mississippi's financial situation. The game would be in Wyoming whether it was Columbus, Augusta, Miss or any other team.[/quote]

Here's a link to the Casper Star Tribune article explaining why the Cavs are hosting.

http://www.trib.com/articles/2008/07/16 ... 025120.txt

Return to “AIF”