Raiders vs. Erie

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
Ducej11
Site Admin

Raiders vs. Erie

Post by Ducej11 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:16 am

Great game tonight. Rochester's defense looked very good. I wish Erie would have brought their whole team, but I can understand why they didn't. Dinkins got the start and looked terrible. 2 of every 3 passes went into the stands. I don't think he had more than 5 completions all night, he was running for his life. 41-6 was the final. Erie didn't score until there was about 6 minutes left in the game. I talked to one of the Erie players before the game and he said that about 72% of the Erie players made the trip.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:05 am

Hmm, looks like the Raiders adjusted to the AIFA's rules pretty quickly...
People stress the violence. That's the smallest part of it. Football is brutal only from a distance. In the middle of it there's a calm, a tranquility. The players accept pain. There's a sense of order even at the end of a running play with bodies strewn everywhere. When the systems interlock, there's a satisfaction to the game that can't be duplicated. There's a harmony.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:57 pm

Na'ah, the refs didn't call anything. On the low-power video they had I even noticed about a dozen illegal blitzes and a half-dozen instances where the non-blitzing LB went back more than five yards.

Get good AIFA officials there and the Raiders will have 25 penalties in a game.

The Rats had 72% of their players...sure...but maybe half of their starters, and the worst half to boot (and a WR playing QB).

And just like I told Joe and Mitch...the Raiders were going to use this to brag to everyone about how great they are, even though it shows absolutely nothing.
Last edited by exit322 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 72% of players, not starters, noted the actual text
What are you doing here?

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:29 pm

Wait a minute... you mean to tell me there are good AIFA officials?
People stress the violence. That's the smallest part of it. Football is brutal only from a distance. In the middle of it there's a calm, a tranquility. The players accept pain. There's a sense of order even at the end of a running play with bodies strewn everywhere. When the systems interlock, there's a satisfaction to the game that can't be duplicated. There's a harmony.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Lol, wasnt dinkins their starting Qb last year, all pro too, .By the way exit why watch us, lol. Their was that other game right?For a guy that hates us you sure give us tremendous attention.Dont worry exit their are more games to come. Remember what you said about Louisiana HMMMM... Stay tuned. We are trying for a true unification game. There seems to be curiosity amongst the other teams throughout the country.If you were truly non-partial you would have seen that .But im glad you feel that way about us. lol.Also, John Morris and Mike mink have been nothing but classy and professional to our entire staff. I dont know the relationships they have with other owners, but they have been stand up to the raiders organization. major kudos to them.
Last edited by blanketman on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mel3476
Site Admin

Post by mel3476 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:59 pm

This whole situation is just bogus. I don't know what anyone gets out of this at all. Except the league getting more money from a team for joining late in the season. Rochester should have just come into the league next season to avoid a game like this, and the likely games that follow. I don't know how anyone can look at this game and get anything positive out of it, considering Erie's team was not really their team.

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:16 pm

It is what it is, you will get nobody from Rochester saying we are great over this crap exhibition games we are playing. Hell, we looked horrible on offense last night, without Mike not sure we can be Louisana. Should be interesting, what would have been better is next weeks CIFL championship game against Kalamazoo.

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:34 pm

The Raiders are just going to dominate the AIFA, they should have moved to af2 in 2009 so the team actually has a challenge

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Indoor ,the economics are not there. I wish they were. ....To much money. Sponsorship dollars for the redwings were under 700k and they have for been around for how long?

IndoorFan
Site Admin

Post by IndoorFan » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:53 pm

What was the attendance?

Return to “AIF”