Last Night in New Mexico...

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
skippy
Site Admin

Last Night in New Mexico...

Post by skippy » Mon May 12, 2008 12:05 am

Didn't attend the game myself, but the paper had an interesting article.
Are the former University of New Mexico players that played for Utah last
night usually on the team?

Why would a league co-owner help the Utah coaching staff?

Taken from today's Albuquerque journal:... The Saints had four ex-Lobos on their roster. One, Mark Mohoric, was wearing a UNM silver helmet. The other former Lobos were Cedric Patterson, Derrick Allen and Pat Dyer.
... The AIFA's co-owner, Mike Mink, was on the field helping the Utah coaching staff on Saturday night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheIronFan
Site Admin

Post by TheIronFan » Sun May 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Because when you have a league that is trying to survive, you'll do almost anything.

slaid
Site Admin

Post by slaid » Sat May 24, 2008 1:57 pm

when will the NIFL ever change, I'm sorry the AIFA. This is what they are gonna put on TV, A league co-owner trying to show that he can coach, when in reality he is clueless, WOW!
READY OR NOT THE TRUTH WILL NOW BE TOLD :mad:

Trnr
Site Admin

Post by Trnr » Tue May 27, 2008 1:41 am

slaid - why don't you get out from your counter job at the local convenience store and help Coach the Utah team. Since you have all of the answers and feel qualified to question the ability of Mike Mink. He has taken a leave of absence from his coaching position in Baltimore and well as time away from his family to help out the Utah team. BTW - Utah was ahead of AZ last night prior to half time, the same team that scored 90 points on them the first time they met.
So before you talk big on a message board, re-think what you say and appreciate what Mink is doing.

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Tue May 27, 2008 2:51 am

Well, if this Mink guy is making Utah better, I don't like it. : )

That was my only chance to see the Wildcats win.

CarolinaMan365
Site Admin

Post by CarolinaMan365 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:59 am

Wow that some powerful saying.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:23 am

[quote=""Trnr""]slaid - why don't you get out from your counter job at the local convenience store and help Coach the Utah team. Since you have all of the answers and feel qualified to question the ability of Mike Mink. He has taken a leave of absence from his coaching position in Baltimore and well as time away from his family to help out the Utah team. BTW - Utah was ahead of AZ last night prior to half time, the same team that scored 90 points on them the first time they met.
So before you talk big on a message board, re-think what you say and appreciate what Mink is doing.[/quote]

If they'd work to bring in quality ownership groups during the offseason instead of pie-in-the-sky television deals (to go from a $2.5M national deal to replacing the H2O-Mop on television is certainly something to be proud of)...this wouldn't be necessary.

The league is still totally missing the mark, and as such it needs to be chastised. Coaching some team run by a terrible owner that has already miserably failed once (okay, so the CIFL did this with Ellis, all but the coaching part)...this is not something to commend anyone on. The league is failing, and I don't see anything being done to change that. Coaching some team that isn't going to be around next year anyways is a total waste of everyone's time. There are plenty of semi-pro teams willing to come on board and play out the rest of Utah's road schedule that the league could commission; this would be a far better use of everyone's time and efforts - assuming Mink actually did something with the league anyways.
What are you doing here?

daytonadan
Site Admin

On a better note

Post by daytonadan » Tue May 27, 2008 3:47 am

Josh, my friend and online sparring partner, best wishes to you, the mrs. and your new son.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:41 am

[quote=""daytonadan""]Josh, my friend and online sparring partner, best wishes to you, the mrs. and your new son.[/quote]

Thanks on that.
What are you doing here?

Return to “AIF”