More Deletions on the CIFL Board

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:20 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Basically, same thing happened in Marion.[/quote]

Except the league at least apologized to the fans in Marion.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:51 pm

[quote=""WorcShark""]Telling the truth in your press releases would be a start, or in some cases even putting out press releases at all, or in a timely fashion. Ok, so forget about the insults and name calling in the post - how do you or the league respond here? Only response from the league was delete and ignore before on the league's message board. You can't delete or "lock and move on" here, so what says you? I tend wonder not just how much is hidden from fans, but other owners as well.[/quote]

I don't write the press releases, so I can't help you with that one...

What is difficult about writing your "truthful" press releases, is finding out who's story contains the most truth. I can't tell you how many different sides of stories we've heard from the Springfiled organization, because they have never presented ONE VOICE to speak for them. Two players, two coaches, two GMs, and like four owners have all given different representations of what's going on from day to day... whom do you believe?

There's no simple answer to that... we're just trying to do what we think is our best option with what information we have at the time.

Coach Gade
Site Admin

Post by Coach Gade » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:04 pm

Two players, two coaches, two GMs, and like four owners have all given different representations of what's going on from day to day... whom do you believe?

There's no simple answer to that... we're just trying to do what we think is our best option with what information we have at the time.

If the league or anyone reading this wanted a TRUTHFUL answer, all they had to do was call ME. I have been nothing but truthful to my players, and staff. I gave honest answers to the league when they called me about the Stubenville game. We (players and staff) never got truthful answers from the owners. They never gave truthful answers to Jerry Lakin when he was GM, so his answers to questions we had were not truthful. Not because he lied, but he was lied to by Justin and D-Lo. Its a f-up situation, but all they had to do was call me, and I know Jeff and Eric are aware of that. Plain and simple. Ask the State Journal Register paper here in Spfld, I always tell it how it is.

WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:40 pm

[quote=""Tatonka""]I don't write the press releases, so I can't help you with that one...

What is difficult about writing your "truthful" press releases, is finding out who's story contains the most truth. I can't tell you how many different sides of stories we've heard from the Springfiled organization, because they have never presented ONE VOICE to speak for them. Two players, two coaches, two GMs, and like four owners have all given different representations of what's going on from day to day... whom do you believe?

There's no simple answer to that... we're just trying to do what we think is our best option with what information we have at the time.[/quote]

Maybe for next year it might help for each person to designate a spokesperson - a "governor" if you will. Kind of like the AHL. One spokesperson to deal with the business side and to present what is going on to the league, and also someone the league can communicate back to. Even if that person is an owner. Say that person (even if an owner) leaves or is removed, the very 1st piece of busines from the league should be "who is the governor?".
Just a thought to help when things like this arise.

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:25 am

If they'd stop deleting posts they could just read their own forum. :D
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:29 pm

[quote=""WorcShark""]Maybe for next year it might help for each person to designate a spokesperson - a "governor" if you will. Kind of like the AHL. One spokesperson to deal with the business side and to present what is going on to the league, and also someone the league can communicate back to. Even if that person is an owner. Say that person (even if an owner) leaves or is removed, the very 1st piece of busines from the league should be "who is the governor?".
Just a thought to help when things like this arise.[/quote]

I agree... each team should have a PR rep or spokesperson to present a unified approach to the league and to the media.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:42 pm

And to send out press releases!

Coach Gade
Site Admin

CIFL's apology letter to the Springfield Staff

Post by Coach Gade » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:32 am

In regards to the Springfield State Journal-Register article titled “CIFL takes control of Stallions,” the Continental Indoor Football League issues the following statement:
“In no way did we intend to make statements that we could not trust Kevin Gade, Cory Galloway or Jim Rychel. Those gentlemen did everything they could to keep the team alive and we certainly appreciate their efforts. The comments regarding the Stallions and its management related to the ownership group. We did what was best for the league as a whole and the Chicago Slaughter. This league in no way blames Gade, Galloway or Rychel for the failures of the Springfield organization. They donated personal money and time and went above and beyond the call of duty to help the Springfield organization.”

"Too little too late, Mr. Keller." - Coach Gade
p.s. I still won't send my kids to your college!!
Last edited by Coach Gade on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not clear

Bonzogonzo24
Site Admin

Post by Bonzogonzo24 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:58 am

Keller has to go. He's cost the league a lot of fans. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he has no business as a media relations director. He wears his emotions on his sleeve and shoots his mouth off way too much. Not good.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:10 am

Word has it that a FEW CIFL teams are reviewing their options about moving to the AIFA, word of this soon to follow.

Return to “CIFL”