More Deletions on the CIFL Board

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:04 am

I don't know enough about the inside stuff there to know what's true and what's not from the league's point of view. But if press releases from the league are outright lies, that's probably not a good thing.
What are you doing here?

WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:09 am

Or just not telling the full story.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:25 am

[quote=""WorcShark""]Or just not telling the full story.[/quote]

Well, you're rarely going to get "the full story" out of a league press release. That shouldn't surprise anyone, nor should it be expected.
What are you doing here?

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:12 am

[quote=""exit322""]Well, you're rarely going to get "the full story" out of a league press release. That shouldn't surprise anyone, nor should it be expected.[/quote]

Then why delete posts that give "the full story"?
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:16 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Well, you're rarely going to get "the full story" out of a league press release. That shouldn't surprise anyone, nor should it be expected.[/quote]

Well, they need to make sure that the "real" story doesn't get out - like it has numerous times this year. Most leagues/teams understand how/when to pick their spots on releases and know what to say or what not to say. Instead, the CIFL has embarrassed itself several times.

Sure, PR involves popularizing successes, downplaying failures, announcing changes, etc. But when you don't tell your own owners the full truth, or lie issues with owners/coaches, I feel that crosses the line.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:46 pm

That's where the issue would come in, yes. Internally, everyone needs to know the issues and what they are. Of course, they need to also know that these issues really don't want to become externally known, as they have a few times this season.
What are you doing here?

Coach Gade
Site Admin

Post by Coach Gade » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:30 pm

The CIFL has such a great potential to be a good league. Jeff and Eric just dont listen to the right people. Keller is a "Dee Dee Dee" (Carlos Mencia!!). I have received so many overwhelming e-mails supporting our team, and agreeing with my stance. I did expect to be banned. I also expected a phone call from Jeff or Eric so we could talk. Never happened. The league has 10 different sets of game rules. Almost every game we played there was a different set of rules, I addressed that with a league official at 1 of our games. SHe stated that the league head of officials would call me. It never happened. I spoke with JEff and Eric a few weeks ago. We both agreed that when **** hit the fan here, we (both sides) would refrain from throwing each other under the bus, and we would put all responsibility on the teams finincial failures on the owners. We spoke at length about that. Then Keller runs his mouth, throwing our GM and interm-head coach under the bus. I spoke at length with the K-Zoo staff, Port Huron staff, and Miami Valley Staff, we all had the same feelings. League has potential, just listen to the right people. Heck I even had the guy who was in Kellers position last year e-mail me. The fact remains that no matter what, the league could not fix our finincial woes, but either could the coaching staff, or the players. I would not have been sooo negative toward the league, but when they start publically pointing the finger at the absolute wrong people, I have something to say. They actually pointed the finger at thoses who stayed here all the way through the b.s., cared about the team, and wanted to finish out the season. So we got screwed by the league because we cared. And Im not saying Jeff and Eric are DIRECTLY responsible for that, but one of their employees is, so that holds them accountable. Just like if one of my players went up into the stands and started a fight, I would hold myself responsible, that player is under my direction. Step up Eric and Jeff, thats all I ask. This team and staff had great heart and compassion for the game that is evident when they decided to play for free bacisally the entire season. But when your staff members say "you should have travelled 6 hours on your own to play if you love the game so much", " Your players stole equpiment" and to make up a quote from an owner, and print it as a quote.......thats just wrong.

On the leagues message board that stated that they have taken over control of our team. Should I then send them all of the outstanding bills that Kris, D-Lo and Justin have accumulated? Just a thought. I might give everyone we owe money to, the leagues office number.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:18 pm

I can tell you that it's likely the league wouldn't owe the money, but the LLC or whatever still controlled by the former owners of the team. The league only took the CIFL franchise and the name; not the bills.

That said, if people want to sue, the league's just about the only thing left to sue.
What are you doing here?

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:14 pm

The Surge found out about the potential of the Stampede using replacement players by a fan telling an assistant coach about 90 minutes before the scheduled kickoff in a corner bodega. I was standing right behind them in line, and the surprise on the coach's face was very easy to see.
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Basically, same thing happened in Marion.
What are you doing here?

Return to “CIFL”