Not good news

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:07 pm

[quote=""Jamie""]He's still busy leading his boycott of indoor football message boards.[/quote]

Makes no sense at all on what you just said.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:10 pm

To be expected.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:13 pm

[quote=""Jamie""]To be expected.[/quote]

Whatever....
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:39 pm

Not a good day for the CIFL. Games weren't even over and people called to ask me if I'm laughing about the CIFL falling apart in spectacular fashion.

So I'll answer it here.

No, I'm not laughing about it. I think the league has made its own bed, but I'm certainly not enjoying it. There was a good thing here, and that good thing is so far gone it's not funny. Good people running good teams are being hurt because of this, and it's not funny. I've not laughed about it at all. I'm getting no satisfaction out of it, because this hurts the game of indoor football.
What are you doing here?

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:51 pm

[quote=""exit322""]Not a good day for the CIFL. Games weren't even over and people called to ask me if I'm laughing about the CIFL falling apart in spectacular fashion.

So I'll answer it here.

No, I'm not laughing about it. I think the league has made its own bed, but I'm certainly not enjoying it. There was a good thing here, and that good thing is so far gone it's not funny. Good people running good teams are being hurt because of this, and it's not funny. I've not laughed about it at all. I'm getting no satisfaction out of it, because this hurts the game of indoor football.[/quote]

The good news is the students at Ohio University's Sports Management program now have case study material for their class assignments.

Speak up!

WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:02 pm

The league should have been monitoring this team real close after the 1st round of issues.

And on the CIFL board (before it gets deleted)

dcfb15: "If it is money why get on the radio and tell fans they has a bus break down?"

tallest owner: "dcfb, that is the reason that we were told by the league office at 6:15 pm on game day, we knew no different. The real reasons seem to be coming out on this forum or are these accusations even true? We, the owners were stunned by the call at 6:15 pm, 50 minutes before kick off. We made the best of a bad situation, period. We only reported what we were told."

cardsrule22
Site Admin

Post by cardsrule22 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:12 pm

[quote=""WorcShark""]The league should have been monitoring this team real close after the 1st round of issues.

And on the CIFL board (before it gets deleted)

dcfb15: "If it is money why get on the radio and tell fans they has a bus break down?"

tallest owner: "dcfb, that is the reason that we were told by the league office at 6:15 pm on game day, we knew no different. The real reasons seem to be coming out on this forum or are these accusations even true? We, the owners were stunned by the call at 6:15 pm, 50 minutes before kick off. We made the best of a bad situation, period. We only reported what we were told."[/quote]

It was not a money issue. The article in our paper in Springfield this morning even says that the one owner sent money to cover travel costs. The problem was they could not get enough guys to play. Some guys left this week to play in other leagues and they did not replace them. If you were told it was because the bus broke down then whoever told you that flat out lied to you.

I am pretty sure the league knew what was going on the entire time. Coach told me that he and the one owner were in constant contact with the league each week. The league knew where the team was all the time.

WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:18 pm

[quote=""cardsrule22""]It was not a money issue. The article in our paper in Springfield this morning even says that the one owner sent money to cover travel costs. The problem was they could not get enough guys to play. Some guys left this week to play in other leagues and they did not replace them. If you were told it was because the bus broke down then whoever told you that flat out lied to you.

I am pretty sure the league knew what was going on the entire time. Coach told me that he and the one owner were in constant contact with the league each week. The league knew where the team was all the time.[/quote]

Travel costs covered - what about insurance?

So then "tallest owner" (who is an owner) is lying when he says the league told them the bus broke down at 6:15 on game day?

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:20 pm

[quote=""WorcShark""]The league should have been monitoring this team real close after the 1st round of issues. [/quote]

This was bound to happen. The CIFL in its 2nd season was like the Titantic's single hull boat system (see Discovery Channel's program on the Titanic) -- one puncture and the boat will sink. At least boats nowadays have multiple pockets in its hull design so this won't happen.

Monitoring would not have done much. Anyone attempting to discipline their players in practice would probably walk if the coach got on their case for not executing a play right, showing up late, etc: "Coach, I haven't been paid in how many weeks?! I quit!"

The SM students at Ohio U. will have the opening line to their speeches as ... those that don't study the past (WFL) are destined to repeat it (CIFL).
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speak up!

cardsrule22
Site Admin

Post by cardsrule22 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:27 pm

[quote=""WorcShark""]Travel costs covered - what about insurance?

So then "tallest owner" (who is an owner) is lying when he says the league told them the bus broke down at 6:15 on game day?[/quote]

I am not calling him a liar I am saying that if the league told him it was because the bus broke down then they lied to him.

Return to “CIFL”