Stallions lose another owner

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
cardsrule22
Site Admin

Stallions lose another owner

Post by cardsrule22 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:50 pm

I heard at the game last night that Dlow Brown and one other owner named Mark have decided they are done with the Stallions. They walked away from the team and now they are down to just one owner. Coach told me last night that it was the owner with the least amount of ownership and now he is left holding the bag. I asked if he was at the game and he said no because he was back in Ohio working three jobs so that the team would have enough money to finish the season.

Coach also said that the team will return to Springfield next season. He said that the last owner left said he wanted local ownership involved with him.

I also heard that there are alredy three lawsuits filed against Getys. But Getys was going to file bankruptcy so nobody would end up getting anything anyways. The more I hear about this guy the more I hate him for what he did to our town.

This was the last home game of the season and all that is left our two games on the road.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:15 pm

[quote=""cardsrule22""]I heard at the game last night that Dlow Brown and one other owner named Mark have decided they are done with the Stallions. They walked away from the team and now they are down to just one owner. Coach told me last night that it was the owner with the least amount of ownership and now he is left holding the bag. I asked if he was at the game and he said no because he was back in Ohio working three jobs so that the team would have enough money to finish the season.

Coach also said that the team will return to Springfield next season. He said that the last owner left said he wanted local ownership involved with him.

I also heard that there are alredy three lawsuits filed against Getys. But Getys was going to file bankruptcy so nobody would end up getting anything anyways. The more I hear about this guy the more I hate him for what he did to our town.

This was the last home game of the season and all that is left our two games on the road.[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only get to declare bankruptcy once. In addition to that, your credit rating is shot and you basically have to pay cash for major purchases.

Anyone thinking of owning a sports team and thinking bankruptcy is your wildcard if things don't work out is sorely mistaken.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:48 am

Bankruptcy doesn't really shield one from court-ordered payments, either.

But it's hard to assume he'll ever actually pay anyone anything.
What are you doing here?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:42 am

Yeah, the Stallions have had this issue before; same set of players that played as Springfield in Steubenville before they went to NE.
What are you doing here?

cardsrule22
Site Admin

Post by cardsrule22 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:09 am

Coach said last night that the "orginal" Stallions are playing the last two road games. They only used the one fill in team one time right after the Getys thing happened. I emailed the one owner that is left and asked him some question. I have not heard back from him yet. Probably because its Sunday.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:53 pm

[quote=""ml91""]
New England owner/head coach Roy Lucas Jr. sent the Surge medical staff out to help the player, and they took him into the Surge locker room and put a soft cast on his leg and gave him a pair of crutches. When I saw this I decided that I was not going to attend any more CIFL games.[/quote]

You and I both.

That's probably the only way to get current and future leagues to operate right - refusing to go to any games regardless of the teams involved until the entire league has suitable financing.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

EIEIO
Site Admin

Post by EIEIO » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:41 pm

Why stop there?

I think you need to lead a boycott of indoor football message boards too!

;)

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:47 pm

[quote=""EIEIO""]Why stop there?

I think you need to lead a boycott of indoor football message boards too!

;) [/quote]

If your goal is to report on the foibles of indoor football for its own sake on http://www.eieiofootball.com, that would put you out of business if the major foulups came to an end.

I can see why you would say that.

Speak up!

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:08 pm

[quote=""ml91""]Major foulups come to an end? I don't think there is any danger of that happening any time soon. :-) [/quote]

Nevertheless the agenda is there to strike down anyone speaking out against foundational chaos.

OSC needs quantity of minor leagues rather than quality of leagues....

eieiofootball.com desires indoor action at any cost even if teams fold during the season....

Speak up!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:52 pm

You're off your rocker. We cover over 60 leagues. Losing a few wouldn't hurt us in the least, and league stability is something we all hope to see improve. Your throw the baby out with the bathwater mentality is lacking in sense and most here see it.

Unfortunately, you become part of the problem because you refuse to recognize the different degrees of league difficulties. You got in a war of words with some CIFL guys, and now you harp incessantly on them everytime anything bad happens. Your only solution is to pull the plug on the whole venture. I guess that's what you call thinking outside the box.

Return to “CIFL”