Springfield Stallions=Semi Pro, At Best

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
SilverbacksGM
Site Admin

Post by SilverbacksGM » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:16 pm

I'm sure Springfield will be just fine. As for us, we haven't won anything yet, and by the looks of it, our division should be VERY tough.

I appreciate the kind words from mr.insideto-u. We are just hoping that we can compete.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Miami Valley

Post by mrinsideto-u » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:01 am

1st game jitters are over, Quote from remember the titans" leave no doubt" It would not be fun if you won them all, even some of the best lose 1, including us. But redemption is near. :cool: :cool:

OutRAGEous
Site Admin

Told You So

Post by OutRAGEous » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm

In keeping with the spirit of Easter, the Stallions laid a big egg in their opener proving that they are little more than the semi-pro team that I had previously said they were. Their QB, though probably a nice guy, has never played above the semi-pro level, never played in college and it showed. He was 7 0f 19 with 5 interceptions (almost as many completions to the other team as to his own).

Also, what's with a head coach at the "professional" level with no coaching experience of any kind. Again, I am sure he is a nice guy and was a decent player, but does not have a clue as to what is needed at the professional level to devleop a team.

Finally, it looks like the wrestling promotion didn't do much to entice the fans, as well. With only a thousand people at the game, I predict that the team will not make the season. Of course I predicted that before.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:40 pm

My understanding is all 14 CIFL teams are fully funded even under pessimistic paid attendance projections. Which is the way it should be.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

herbenator21
Site Admin

Post by herbenator21 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:00 pm

Coach Gade is a very close friend of mine. I was the Head coach of the Stallions I resigned in Dec. of 06 because my Mother was very sick and needed to take care of the family. The only experience Gade has is D-Coord. for a H.S. and a very successfully College football career. my experience is that I'm 21-5 with 2 appearances in the Championship with 1 win but at the Semi- Pro level does that make me qualified to coach? Gade is great Defensive coach he brought in an Offensive Coordinator from the Rage coaching staff to give him an hand. Thats what I did last year except my specialty is Offenses I brought in a D- coordinator and Gade was a CB for me last season he had 12 Int.'s. we put up just about 500 pts last season avj 42 pts per game. I just think it's a learning curve for him. just give them a chance.

Herb
Herb Fullerton
Stallions Head Coach from Aug. 2005 - Dec. 2006
10-2 Played for the 8FL Championship
E-Mail:coachfullerton@springfieldstallions.com
URL:http://www.springfieldstallions.com

OutRAGEous
Site Admin

You Summed It Up

Post by OutRAGEous » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:35 pm

Although you did OK at the semi-pro level and Coach Gade was a fine player, it does not translate into being a professional coach. The biggest problem is not having the ability to evaluate talent and the contacts to get the caliber of players to play at the next level. Both of the Stallions QBs are no better than semi-pro QBs. You cannot win at the professional level in a quarterback driven offense with QBs that don't have the knowledge, background, or experience.
Look for example at the Rage's former QB, Groefsema who lit up Everett last night in Arena 2 throwing 5 TDs and racking up 187 yards. He has professional indoor experience, as well as outdoor pro experience, that neither of the QBS for the Stallions have.
Playing professionally is not a place for on the job training, it is for players who have demonstrated their skills at the college or pro levels.
That it the responsibility for the head coach to know that.

Lineman
Site Admin

Post by Lineman » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:11 pm

I would like to clear the air a little bit here. Yes some of the checks that were issued to Peoria players bounced but it was a mistake by the bank that the Rough Riders used and it was only one week. All the players did get paid!!! Once the team found out about the problem it was corrected and the players were told how to get their money. If they didn't do what the team told them it was their fault.

Also people need to look at Peoria's total managment history before they make any comments about the team. The franchise was mismanaged from the 2nd season in the IFL until it was sold to Pat Ward. Unfortunantly Peorians were worn out by they tim Pat bought the team and the Pirates/Rough Riders lost support.

I was at the Springfield game last night and there is a lot of potential for that team. The do need to improve their ingame entertainment and make some small adjustment but they should be fine.
GO PIRATES!!!!!

herbenator21
Site Admin

Post by herbenator21 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:17 pm

my thing is you have to start some where.
Herb Fullerton
Stallions Head Coach from Aug. 2005 - Dec. 2006
10-2 Played for the 8FL Championship
E-Mail:coachfullerton@springfieldstallions.com
URL:http://www.springfieldstallions.com

sportsguy12
Site Admin

Well, since there aren't any college indoor leagues ...

Post by sportsguy12 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:44 pm

[quote=""OutRAGEous""]Although you did OK at the semi-pro level and Coach Gade was a fine player, it does not translate into being a professional coach. The biggest problem is not having the ability to evaluate talent and the contacts to get the caliber of players to play at the next level. Both of the Stallions QBs are no better than semi-pro QBs. You cannot win at the professional level in a quarterback driven offense with QBs that don't have the knowledge, background, or experience.
Look for example at the Rage's former QB, Groefsema who lit up Everett last night in Arena 2 throwing 5 TDs and racking up 187 yards. He has professional indoor experience, as well as outdoor pro experience, that neither of the QBS for the Stallions have.
Playing professionally is not a place for on the job training, it is for players who have demonstrated their skills at the college or pro levels.
That it the responsibility for the head coach to know that.[/quote]

every college player that comes to the arena game have to start as a rookie at some point. That is what the Springfield GM/coach is trying to say. The nuances of the indoor and outdoor game are very different.

Playing professionally is a learning experience for all at some point.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:01 pm

[quote=""Lineman""]I would like to clear the air a little bit here. Yes some of the checks that were issued to Peoria players bounced but it was a mistake by the bank that the Rough Riders used and it was only one week. All the players did get paid!!! Once the team found out about the problem it was corrected and the players were told how to get their money. If they didn't do what the team told them it was their fault.

Also people need to look at Peoria's total managment history before they make any comments about the team. The franchise was mismanaged from the 2nd season in the IFL until it was sold to Pat Ward. Unfortunantly Peorians were worn out by they tim Pat bought the team and the Pirates/Rough Riders lost support.

I was at the Springfield game last night and there is a lot of potential for that team. The do need to improve their ingame entertainment and make some small adjustment but they should be fine.[/quote]

I wish you could have sent that email to the Journal Star...
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Return to “CIFL”