Detroit thunder

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
Commando678
Site Admin

Detroit thunder

Post by Commando678 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 am

It's a little late in the game but apparently the CIFL added one more team.

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:35 am

[quote=""Commando678""]It's a little late in the game but apparently the CIFL added one more team.[/quote]

It's NEVER too late to start an indoor football team.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 am

[quote=""Hockey""]It's NEVER too late to start an indoor football team.[/quote]

Hehe, nice!

Would be curious to see who is behind this team.

Commando678
Site Admin

Post by Commando678 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 pm

[quote=""newiflfan""]Hehe, nice!

Would be curious to see who is behind this team.[/quote]

The kinsmen, same people who own the Patriots

Sphinx
Site Admin

Post by Sphinx » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:20 pm

I got to wonder where they will play? I'm pretty sure Joe Louis Arena and The Palace of Auburn Hills is our of the price range and the only other "respectable" area is on the University of Detroit campus Calihan Hall which I'm not sure if it can be configured for football. I know there are alot of small ice rinks/arenas from the AAHL & MAHL debacle in the area but I hope they dont go that route.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:42 pm

[quote=""Sphinx""]I got to wonder where they will play? I'm pretty sure Joe Louis Arena and The Palace of Auburn Hills is our of the price range and the only other "respectable" area is on the University of Detroit campus Calihan Hall which I'm not sure if it can be configured for football. I know there are alot of small ice rinks/arenas from the AAHL & MAHL debacle in the area but I hope they dont go that route.[/quote]
Me too.

If it's in the city, my guess is Cobo Arena. If not, my guesses are the Compuware Arena in Plymouth (home of the OHL's Whalers and formerly indoor soccer's Ignition) or the Great Lakes Sports City Superior Arena in Fraser (where the failed expansion Motor City Reapers were supposed to play)
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:04 pm

[quote=""Commando678""]The kinsmen, same people who own the Patriots[/quote]

Oh jeez. Didn't they have money problems with the Patriots last year?

This might be the most disappointing move I've seen from the CIFL this offseason.

newiflfan
Site Admin

Post by newiflfan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 pm

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Me too.

If it's in the city, my guess is Cobo Arena. If not, my guesses are the Compuware Arena in Plymouth (home of the OHL's Whalers and formerly indoor soccer's Ignition) or the Great Lakes Sports City Superior Arena in Fraser (where the failed expansion Motor City Reapers were supposed to play)[/quote]

Does Cobo even have a suitable arena anymore? I know there have been some massive renovations going on there in recent years.

I wonder, also, if Compuware has a high enough ceiling. Although I haven't been in it, I sort of 'scouted it out' this spring when there was the possibility of me going over to shoot a local hockey team playing there in a tourney. Based off the photos I've seen I question as to the exact ceiling height. The floor footprint should work, seeing as it's got the sheet of ice on it.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 am

Fraser's about the same size as Compuware. Kicking will be sketchy, but otherwise the arena's more than fine.
What are you doing here?

ca
Site Admin

put the thunder ...

Post by ca » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:01 pm

in plymouth since its main tennant has the stability to build on !

Return to “CIFL”