Question

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Question

Post by jerry101jlh » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Had this conversation with a fellow fan this morning and we both agreed that the CIFL in reality no different as to level of play or structure than the APFL. So question for other fans is the CIFL any better in any respect than the APFL and why?

LewInDenver
Site Admin

Post by LewInDenver » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:33 pm

I would yes, based upon one thing; then number of teams that have moved on to better leagues. None of the APFL clubs have gone anywhere except for the Wichita Wild. IMHO.
OUT

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:27 pm

I would say, yes, both leagues ARE on the same caliber!
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:45 pm

[quote=""LewInDenver""]I would yes, based upon one thing; then number of teams that have moved on to better leagues. None of the APFL clubs have gone anywhere except for the Wichita Wild. IMHO.[/quote]

Actually at one time Iowa wanted to move to the UIF, but Omaha across the river blocked the move. Was a time also there was talk between the APFL and the NIFL to merge, so that might be considered as wanting to move up. That feel a part simply because Shriver and Adams don't like each other.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

In the past the CIFL was a better league.

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:24 am

Today the APFL is a league on the rise, slowly mind you but it is improving. The CIFL is sinking. It has produced a lot of good teams that have moved up, but isn't that because the league is crumbling and the good teams wanted out? Not the sole reason for all leaving, but in recent years, I would say it was the main reason.

As of today, I would say both league are at the same level.

After next season, who knows?

Tommy T
Site Admin

Post by Tommy T » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 pm

LID, I like your answer. Several CIFL teams have moved on to what they deemed as "Better.," The issue is HOW they did it.They gave no notification they were leaving, continued to operate as if they were staying, had fund raisers for the next season, sold memorabillia at a discount to make the FANS think they were getting a bargain, asked for changes in league structure and policy as reason for them to stay....and in the mean time these same owners were putting a knife in the Leagues back..already were in negotiations or had already signed contracts. Look at the teams that left last year and this year as an example. Yes they wre good teams and operated fairly well...But could you imagine how good the League would be if they had stayed. By them leaving, it caused other teams to fold.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 pm

[quote=""Tommy T""]LID, I like your answer. Several CIFL teams have moved on to what they deemed as "Better.," The issue is HOW they did it.They gave no notification they were leaving, continued to operate as if they were staying, had fund raisers for the next season, sold memorabillia at a discount to make the FANS think they were getting a bargain, asked for changes in league structure and policy as reason for them to stay....and in the mean time these same owners were putting a knife in the Leagues back..already were in negotiations or had already signed contracts. Look at the teams that left last year and this year as an example. Yes they wre good teams and operated fairly well...But could you imagine how good the League would be if they had stayed. By them leaving, it caused other teams to fold.[/quote]

So basically, you're blaming every good team that left...maybe there's a reason they all left?
What are you doing here?

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Once someone tried to sell a group I represented an APFL franchise in Witchita Falls for $5,000. I was directed to the person by Adams. My group was interested but we couldn't get even basic answers out of Adams or the person who was trying to sell the franchise.

The point I am getting at is the APFL is just a shell game. Its handshakes to make a schedule and essentially anyone who convinces Adams they will visit his barn gets a franchise.

Is this better or worse then the CIFL?

jerry101jlh
Site Admin

Post by jerry101jlh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 pm

[quote=""Hockey""]Once someone tried to sell a group I represented an APFL franchise in Witchita Falls for $5,000. I was directed to the person by Adams. My group was interested but we couldn't get even basic answers out of Adams or the person who was trying to sell the franchise.

The point I am getting at is the APFL is just a shell game. Its handshakes to make a schedule and essentially anyone who convinces Adams they will visit his barn gets a franchise.

Is this better or worse then the CIFL?[/quote]

I can't tell you if better or worse, but the APFL has survived on a handshake for about twice as long as the CIFL has and with far fewer teams coming and going in recent years. One thing I've always said about the APFL is it is what it is without pretense to be something its not. Point is it has worked, does work, and most likely will continue to work.

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:16 pm

I can't tell you if better or worse, but the APFL has survived on a handshake for about twice as long as the CIFL has and with far fewer teams coming and going in recent years. One thing I've always said about the APFL is it is what it is without pretense to be something its not. Point is it has worked, does work, and most likely will continue to work.
And that's exactly why I consider the APFL a success. There is no pretense of a national major league. It is what it is. And it does a decent job doing just that. In fact, I feel the APFL model SHOULD be the model these leagues operate under, as opposed to this idea you must be a 'national league' to survive, huge travel expenses, mandatory minimum pay, etc. It's cheap. It's affordable. And it's honest.
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

Return to “CIFL”