Anyone got an update?

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:47 am

[quote=""mrsummitcitypigskin""]I can tell you this much. Nothing new outta Fort Wayne. Still looking for ownership or
deliberating taking a year off. Yes, Wheeling has in fact folded. But new owners
are being sought out in the Ohio Valley for a possible reincarnation of the Greyhounds.
Miami Vly. may move to Cincinnati. K-zoo, Muskegon and Indy are possibilties. Finally,
I guess Canton may switch to the CIFL and the NY-NJ Revolution wants back in too.[/quote] NJ Revolution going AIFA, better fit geographically, more east coast teams

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:01 pm

[quote=""mrsummitcitypigskin""]Miami Vly. may move to Cincinnati.[/quote]

That would be a horribly, horribly bad move. Cincinnati is one of the most roasted, toasted and burned over indoor football markets ever. It has failed in every league that has been tried there. Dayton would be just as bad, if not worse (thanks in no small part to the NIFL).

Stay at Hobart, it's small but intimate. Miami County has been growing. Develop an identity there. Develop a fan base there. You can market to Dayton and Springfield (and Piqua, Tipp City, Vandalia, Huber Heights, Sidney, etc.). They are close by (depending on how backed up traffic on I-70 and I-75 is that day). Your only local competition is high school sports

mrsummitcitypigskin
Site Admin

Post by mrsummitcitypigskin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:52 am

[quote=""jeffspitaleri""]Once we get all these website snafus out of the way we will have some updates. All the server moves have disabled website features and have some websites that lost their DNS and need to be reset.

As for the league itself... owners meeting in Fort Wayne will be scheduled for within the next month, scheduled should be done in November.[/quote]

Thanks for the update, Jeff. Let me know right before the meetings, when
you're coming to Ft.Wayne. You got my #.

D.Skype
Site Admin

Anyone got an update

Post by D.Skype » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Well i mean i always kinda liked that name. Anyone got his password, i mean hate to be a dick but hes not using it anymore.

afdave
Site Admin

Post by afdave » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:57 pm

According to the Fort Wayne paper, probably only 6 teams this year.

More over though, they appear to be going to 8 man football this year.

I'm not sure why they'd feel the need to play 8 man, unless they ultimately want to try to merge with one of the other leagues. I don't know if any of the current ownership groups are up to even the level that an IFL or AIFA would want, I guess we'd have to wait and see.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:33 pm

For the first time in the Continental Indoor Football League’s four-year history, co-founder Jeff Spitaleri won’t be locking himself in a room with his computer and developing the schedule.

That task will be the top order at the league meetings this weekend in Fort Wayne.

On Saturday, team representatives will work on dates for a 10-game schedule starting in March. If it can be tentatively finished Saturday, then the meetings likely will wrap that night. But if there are more details to discuss, the owners will meet Sunday morning before departing.

“I would like to have the majority of (the schedule) done,” Spitaleri said. “It may be a situation where we take the schedule and get it 65 (percent), 70 percent done and then each team has to go back to their arena and say, ‘Look, we need this or this.’ I haven’t done a schedule in the four years where we haven’t had to go back to the arenas and lobby for a few extra dates.

“I don’t anticipate it being done (Sunday). I would like to say the weekend of the 12th, maybe the early part of the next week, we’d have it done at the latest.”

Spitaleri said he anticipates having a minimum of six teams for 2010 including Fort Wayne’s new franchise, owned by local attorney Mike Loomis and Indiana businessman John Christner. Coliseum general manager Randy Brown said last month that the franchise has nine dates on hold at the facility.

Also on the agenda is discussion of operations, including teams doing a better job of producing statistics. Many didn’t report them after games, so that could mean the league provides statisticians for each franchise.

Rule changes also will be addressed, including the already-approved change to an eight-man game – the league had played with seven players on each side in its previous seasons. The roster size will stay at 25 – 21 active for games – Spitaleri said.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/2 ... 008/SPORTS

grandmarquis84
Site Admin

Post by grandmarquis84 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:07 pm

With the league meetings this weekend hopefully a lot of the questions will be answered soon.

The TRUTH
Site Admin

Are the new CIFL offices in Ft Wayne?

Post by The TRUTH » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:16 pm

Greeat to see there are meetings this weekend.
Does this mean the new CIFL office is in Ft Wayne?

mrsummitcitypigskin
Site Admin

Post by mrsummitcitypigskin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Don't think league offices will be in Ft.Wayne. It is just a central locale for the league. Although I do not like the idea of going to 8 on 8, I believe that is an effort to help financially and help with expansion in 2010 & 2011. Still hoping for at least 6 if not 8 teams for 2010. League offices should remain
in the Canton, Oh. area, if that gives you any idea's :)

The TRUTH
Site Admin

i think it is a mistake

Post by The TRUTH » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:50 am

the CIFL set many firsts for indoor football and one of those was 7 on 7
another was the kicking rules - it gave them identity and had a nice flow. it think it may be a mistake to give up a major characteristic which set the CIFL apart.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that 7on7 is a better game. Hate to see it go. Hoping all this is just rumor.

Return to “CIFL”