CIFL for Sale or Not?

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
jeffspitaleri
Site Admin

Post by jeffspitaleri » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:03 am

I said what I needed to say. Three years ago, I might have happily joined the pissing match with you Mize, but not now. It isn't worth it and I don't have to answer to you, that is for sure.

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:46 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]The fact that you base your arguments and opinions on information gathered from a source equivalent to a supermarket tabloid (ie, Wikipedia) is indication that you have no credibility whatsoever.[/quote]

You mean the same Wikipedia that you are editing, in violation of Wikipedia's conflict of interest policy.

I guess they don't have glass houses in your world.

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am

CIFL will be here in 2009, with the same management, end of story

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:05 am

[quote=""robster2001""]You mean the same Wikipedia that you are editing, in violation of Wikipedia's conflict of interest policy.

I guess they don't have glass houses in your world.[/quote]

Yep, that Wikipedia. And not even one of my submissions or edits have been in violation of the conflict of interest policy. But nice try.

By the way, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from sending me profane and derogatory comments via private message. If you can't say it here for all to see, then just don't say it at all. Capiche?

;)

robster2001
Site Admin

Post by robster2001 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:34 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]Yep, that Wikipedia. And not even one of my submissions or edits have been in violation of the conflict of interest policy. But nice try.

By the way, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from sending me profane and derogatory comments via private message. If you can't say it here for all to see, then just don't say it at all. Capiche?

;) [/quote]

So if I'm an idiot for relying on Wikipedia to build my argument... what's the word for your editing?

Oh, right.

Hypocrite.

You're in the wrong league, by the way. With your public relations skills, you'd be a perfect fit for the ABA.

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:10 am

[quote=""jeffspitaleri""]I said what I needed to say. Three years ago, I might have happily joined the pissing match with you Mize, but not now. It isn't worth it and I don't have to answer to you, that is for sure.[/quote] ur right you dont BUT you do have to answer to the owneras out there, This is not a smear campaign, this is just putting the facts out there about the kind of league you run,From the talk of PEOPLE yes and LARGE people in your LEAGUE they are tired of you and the DONKEY show you run,,,JEFF, tell me it isn't so you were TRYING to sell the LEAGUE. Dont MAKE me POST a COPY of the SALES agreement to show ALL the info, now that the deadline is up, as in this past SAT, And I dont work for the IFL or anybody else thats has a stake in this,but the best thing for them In my opinion would be to join as more CREDIBLE league. By the way,,wasn't there a SPORTS MGT or something like that ,,,was to buy the league last yr but YOU were not ABLE to produce any info on who paid what and when????? Just ASKING. I will be the first to let you know what is going on, TRUST ME, I will. EVEN if I HAVE TO CALL YOU. BELIEVE you ME

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:20 am

[quote=""exit322""]On one side - the IFL needs to ensure its owners and team representatives don't make the league look bad with message board posting. Far more people read these than post on them, and one IFL team management member acting like an ass makes the entire league look bush.

On the other side - none of my sources, CIFL or non-CIFL, know anything about any offer made to sell the CIFL. I know for a fact the CIFL is not actively looking to sell, but that if the "right offer" came along, they'd be dumb not to take it (that said, the CIFL owns no part of any teams, so someone looking to buy the league needs their head examined). This one could be propagated by people that aren't terribly interested in the CIFL succeeding.[/quote]Dont get to HIGH on yourself, NOT that many people read this as much as you think they do, yes it is great to catch up on sports and so on, as u mentioned above about the IFL management WHY dont you say something about Jeff or ERIC on here in a pissing conest with me, the info I have put out is true and YOU JOSH know it. Do I need to post the SALES AGREEMENT on here, I was going to keep it from being on here but the BROTHERS want or are claiming that this is a farce, JOSH,,,WHY did BB leave the CIFL. Can you answer that question? And that will tell you all you need to know about the CIFL, Get over it,,, you tried to start another league or whatever you did because you saw what was going on with the WAY the CIFL was being run> RIGHT? They got rid of you ,so why are you STILL defending them. WAKE UP.

Biff Tannen
Site Admin

Post by Biff Tannen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:14 am

I understand your campaign and what you are trying to do, but it is clearly agenda driven. No league or fan is looking for a crusader. Owners of teams are not looking for batman to come in and save the day. When the sun sets at the end of the day, either team owners are going to leave a league or they will stay. This whole "Gossip Gertie" approach actually strips credibility.

Since when did this stop being about the game, and all about the politics of the offices? The people who read this are really in a minority. Look at a team like the Reading Express in the AIFA. They draw impressive numbers. The bulk of those fans could care less about what a league does behind closed doors. This is probably the same thing with the CIFL. There are successful teams in this league, and for the most part, fans of that team just want to be entertained for a cheap price.

"Guess which "saucy" debutante was seen sipping Mojitos with a certain married and IMPOSSIBLE movie star... I will never tell... snicker".
Last edited by Biff Tannen on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Indoorfootballguy
Site Admin

Post by Indoorfootballguy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:05 pm

I will believe it when I see it

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 pm

[quote=""Biff Tannen""]I understand your campaign and what you are trying to do, but it is clearly agenda driven. No league or fan is looking for a crusader. Owners of teams are not looking for batman to come in and save the day. When the sun sets at the end of the day, either team owners are going to leave a league or they will stay. This whole "Gossip Gertie" approach actually strips credibility.

Since when did this stop being about the game, and all about the politics of the offices? The people who read this are really in a minority. Look at a team like the Reading Express in the AIFA. They draw impressive numbers. The bulk of those fans could care less about what a league does behind closed doors. This is probably the same thing with the CIFL. There are successful teams in this league, and for the most part, fans of that team just want to be entertained for a cheap price.

"Guess which "saucy" debutante was seen sipping Mojitos with a certain married and IMPOSSIBLE movie star... I will never tell... snicker". [/quote]

Comments and replies to other previous posts:

Exactly. 99% of fans don't care about the league - and when they do, it's only because of an issue that pops up like Flint not showing up, or Dayton getting booted as a team boards the bus to travel to Dayton. That's the only time anyone cares about the league.

I don't talk to Eric a whole lot, and when we do talk, it's rarely (if ever) about the CIFL. Jeff knows what I think about "pissing matches," so there's no need to rehash that, whether or not he follows what I suggest.

It's pretty easy for an owner to jump out of the CIFL for whatever reason they please. So the CIFL does have to answer to their owners. Whether they have effectively done so is certainly up for debate, but I'm still waiting for a credible argument that losing BB is a death knell for anything. It always hurts to lose an owner that pays his bills, but that loss is mitigated a bunch by losing his (and McCarthy's) ego.

I won't deny that the CIFL may not play in 2009. But to think it has anything to do with external factors is at best asinine. The CIFL has its final real shot to fix its problems this offseason, and my sources are mixed. It is quite possible this won't happen. The CIFL's failures are based on its business failures. Not because they were trying to burn someone else. They went into this thing with the best intentions, but admittedly with very poor execution.

Can it be fixed?
What are you doing here?

Return to “CIFL”