CIFL for Sale or Not?

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Wow,,,over 800 views in less than 48 hr's, must be a few people who want to see how this thing plays out. Also waiting to hear from jeff and or eric regarding what happened with the TIDE this past yr,,,,75.00 a game...NICE

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:13 pm

[quote=""chardale""]OK , then how many years do they need to FIX the SAME ol'problems, the same ones. you TELL ME AND I WILL SHUT UP, get off their DI*$ and tell me because no one has the answer to that, not even the GREAT JOSH. Do you agree that theyshould have taken the DEPOSIT for the league and then said it WAS not for SALE? Do you. Josh, i am not going to argue about it. Just waite and see what happends and AGAIN I will have TOLD YOU SO. Just like what happened in the 2 OTHER CITY"S. And dont get a tude because you spell better that I do, not every body is as savy as you. yes I will admit it but what I tell you IS the truth. Oh yea, were you just on the conference call with the 5 OTHER CIFL teams and their owners.to see what was or is going on? Oh I forgot you arent in the LOOP you think you are in, they are not going to tell you whats going on behind closed doors all the time, You are a good guy but you are sometimes BLINDED by the wrong people.[/quote]

So because CIFL teams are intelligent enough to explore their options, all of the good ones are obviously leaving quickly. Yes? That's the best you can come up with? That CIFL teams are exploring all of their options?

If solid teams were paying attention solely to the CIFL and not investigating other options, especially when one comes as well-publicized as the IFL has been, I'd be more worried about their business acumen! Of course teams should be looking at this! And studying it! If they really pay attention to all of this and find the IFL the better option (which, if it hasn't happened after two or three conference calls and various correspondence, I wonder if it will), they should go!

I think you're missing one really big point. The CIFL has made it fairly clear that teams should investigate their options. If they all find the IFL a better option, it's time to move on for everyone.

The idea is similar - but the execution is not. I say teams need to do their due diligence (every year, really, since fans rarely care about the league). You say since the IFL is obviously the greatest thing since sliced bread, everyone needs to jump to it yesterday. Not hardly.
What are you doing here?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

[quote=""chardale""]Wow,,,over 800 views in less than 48 hr's, must be a few people who want to see how this thing plays out. Also waiting to hear from jeff and or eric regarding what happened with the TIDE this past yr,,,,75.00 a game...NICE[/quote]

I'd have booted the team and reconfigured the schedule as necessary. The CIFL doesn't do things that drastically. The problem needs to be fixed now, so that they don't have the issue of teams doing stupid things during the season.
What are you doing here?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Chardale has been given another vacation from the boards. I have learned the facts are not as he has alleged in this thread and another.

Biff Tannen
Site Admin

Post by Biff Tannen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 pm

GASP! Say it is not so! Someone on a message board who pretends to know all the behind the scene secrets... is exposed as a fabricator? :D

Freedom
Site Admin

Post by Freedom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Shocked . . . :roll:
Chardale on Jeremy Golden: "everybody DID get paid."
Chardale with the backtrack: " I meant AF2 paid all the bills"

You still don't have a clue Chardale.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:45 am

[quote=""chardale""]As most of you know the CIFL was for sale,some of u dont, but what you dont know is that 2 weeks ago the league was for sale and a deal was in place for the change in ownership. Pending some document's that needed to be produced regarding WHO and what teams paid what and so forth. This is the only thing that is holding this up. There was a $15,000.00 deposit that was accepted by the selling party ( owners of the CIFL) and the balance of $150.000.00 due by the person buying the team upon closing. When a CERTAIN party was UNABLE to produce these papers about who PAID what and who didn't the (CIFL Ownership) sent out an E MAIL to most or all of the team owners saying the league was NOT for sale. Why would you take a DEPOSIT from a man and then say the league was not for sale. Something STINKS here, coming from CANTON maybe! So where do we go from here. Well here goes, The end of the CIFL as we know it just might be here. A few certain owners in the CIFL along with OTHERS ARE as we speak brokering a deal to join the ANOTHER LEAGUE. From the talks regarding this the current owners or at least some of them are tired of what has been a joke of a league being run the way that it has been, and you know the long list of these issues. There has been a commitment from at least 5, yes 5 teams to leave the CIFL and WANT to join the other LEAGUE. What about Wheeling and Syracuse, dont know about those but those teams are going to look at their contracts to see if there has to be a certain amount of teams in the CIFL to continue to play, and by the looks of it there wont be. Things like 1 Michigan team taking another to court over missing funds. Teams NOT showing up to play games. I dont blame BB for leaving the league. And one certain owner PAYING for what some of the other teams were supposed to and NOW the CIFL owes this EAST coast owner right AROUND 30 to 40 K from the past 2 years. Yes the same owner who gave these people a $15,000.00 deposit to buy the league, oh yea did I mention he was buying the league, or was it the CIFL owners were selling the league to avoid litigation and being sued from the money they owed. Now that the league is not selling and TODAY was the deadline for the deal. I guess there is going to be some LEGAL action taken, well, THERE IS GOING TO BE LEGAL ACTION TAKEN from this owner and a few more. The owners need to listen to the others that are leaving the league and go with them[/quote]

The reality will show itself over the next several weeks. Lol,both the aifa and the new ifl will hopefully showcase itself better than the cifl.Also,most cifl teams will not be admitted from what i hear. All teams need a 50,000 line of credit minimally. Lol, we know only Marion, Lehigh Valley,Muskegon,Chicago,Rock river and New jersey,believe it or not, pay their bills to the league consistently.
Last edited by blanketman on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: grammar

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:26 am

Jeff and Eric are not bad guys . They are just done with everything about indoor football. My contention was that Jeff made a mistake with the handling of the raiders. He apologized to me last week stating his mistake. I take him for his word. Eric has alot of stuff on his plate that doesnt include football. Both of them didnt have any malace with their actions;unfortunately, thats what happened. It will be difficult to regain momentum in the cifl. The cifl put their fortune,along with2 teams, in an idiot that bounced his checks to marion,lehigh,and players. His fellow owners are suing him. MJ was the reason for the cifl downfall and everyone knows it.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:39 am

No, the CIFL not doing its due diligence was its downfall.

I think the CIFL can survive and thrive in the future, but it needs to totally change the way it operates, starting yesterday.

The worrisome part about such a change is this: Making the changes that are necessary for the CIFL to survive and thrive may kill it. And taking on such a risk is very hard to do.

But not making those necessary changes WILL kill it.

If I'm one of the few really good owners the CIFL has, am I willing to take on a 2009 season that may only have six teams or so? Absolutely, because that may be the key to make the CIFL a great indoor league. It's time to fix those issues that have been marring the CIFL in its three years. It's time to get the owners on the same page where things are paid up in front for what needs to be spent. It's time to get a good communications package in there as well as an operations package so teams know what they really do need to do in order to be successful. There's your biggest problem with the CIFL (and AIFA).
Last edited by exit322 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:48 am

[quote=""blanketman""]It will be difficult to regain momentum in the cifl.[/quote]

Yep, there's the key. It will be extremely difficult to accomplish this. But it can be done. The league just has to show they're doing what has to be done to get that momentum back.

It would be best for all involved if one of the CIFL's flagship franchises (well, maybe two depending on what LV does) would be there to help with it, but owners have to do what they think is best for their teams. The fact that an outsider (me) totally disagrees that the AIFA is what's best for their team doesn't really mean a whole lot here.
What are you doing here?

Return to “CIFL”