For the lack of money;Clean House Jeff and Eric

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
blanketman
Site Admin

For the lack of money;Clean House Jeff and Eric

Post by blanketman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:49 pm

When team ownership doesnt have funds swirls of lies and disapointments become the end result. My team is frustrated as i am with the way our predicament came down. Cifl owners inability to pay their bills ,"see New England Surge Coach resigns for never being paid a cent" results in everyone around them getting hurt. Jeff and Eric must get the cifl Ownership in order.Teams like the Raiders have been hurt because promises from owners to the other owners are not met. I like Roy Lucas; however, if he didnt pay the Offensive Coordinator a cent over the 2 years,how could he ever afford the 10 k security fund.Eric has to put these owners through Credit checks and compliance procedures to the point ,that if there are only 6 teams next year, so be it.Another hit in the playoffs like the raiders and now the surge ,might be to much for those guys.From what I see today, the cifl has a solid 6 teams ,without the raiders, financially sound to continue next season.Hey thats fine , the uif went down in teams , they are still good.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:14 pm

As an owner, don't you think these grievances are best kept between yourself and the CIFL front office? I can't imagine another league wanting you or your team if there's a chance of you pulling stunts like this every time you don't get your way.

Yeah, the league is f*cked up still, they don't have any money & teams still aren't cooperating... we know that. In your position, it would have been best to take the high road, let others sling the mud. You posting stuff like this just makes everyone loathe you and the Raiders all the more; I, for one, can't WAIT to see how you react to the bush league stuff the AIFA does...
People stress the violence. That's the smallest part of it. Football is brutal only from a distance. In the middle of it there's a calm, a tranquility. The players accept pain. There's a sense of order even at the end of a running play with bodies strewn everywhere. When the systems interlock, there's a satisfaction to the game that can't be duplicated. There's a harmony.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:15 pm

[quote=""Tatonka""]I, for one, can't WAIT to see how you react to the bush league stuff the AIFA does...[/quote]

You mean stuff like admitting a team into the league three weeks before the season ends and giving them a spot in the Championship Game?

That kind of stuff?

Surgefan
Site Admin

Post by Surgefan » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:58 pm

[quote=""blanketman""]When team ownership doesnt have funds swirls of lies and disapointments become the end result. My team is frustrated as i am with the way our predicament came down. Cifl owners inability to pay their bills ,"see New England Surge Coach resigns for never being paid a cent" results in everyone around them getting hurt. Jeff and Eric must get the cifl Ownership in order.Teams like the Raiders have been hurt because promises from owners to the other owners are not met. I like Roy Lucas; however, if he didnt pay the Offensive Coordinator a cent over the 2 years,how could he ever afford the 10 k security fund.Eric has to put these owners through Credit checks and compliance procedures to the point ,that if there are only 6 teams next year, so be it.Another hit in the playoffs like the raiders and now the surge ,might be to much for those guys.From what I see today, the cifl has a solid 6 teams ,without the raiders, financially sound to continue next season.Hey thats fine , the uif went down in teams , they are still good.[/quote]

You make Jim Terry almost look legitimate.
Getting ready to say "good-bye" to the CIFL

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:50 pm

As much as you guys do not like Bob or the Raiders he has a valid point. I would like the CIFL to drop the number of teams if that is what it takes to get soldi ownership. I think jeff and Eric are on the right path, they have a lot of things ready to change July 1st. They could not make changes once the schedule was done last year and they had another problem of theft last year they had to distract them. this year things are lined up but they cannot make changes or announcements yet.

It would not be bad to have 8-10 teams next year. Only teams that have paid this year and next year's franchise fee and next years security deposit will be allowed after Sept. 1st. hat would allow enough time to configure schedule and also if they have any late additions to the league. Just my thoughts but I believe Jeff and Eric will be working hard, hell it was a lot better this year than last year.

ml91
Site Admin

Post by ml91 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:33 pm

[quote=""The 8th Man""]it was a lot better this year than last year.[/quote]
Well, it was until about a week ago.

blanketman
Site Admin

Post by blanketman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:41 am

The league will do better next year. Probably for many reasons. One maybe the raiders;mostly because non tolerance of the lack of money within ownership in the league.Eric will get this right.Tatonka why dont you start that league of yours in michigan?

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:04 am

WTF? Michigan?

Go away Bob... and please leave indoor football way behind. It will be better off without people like you.
People stress the violence. That's the smallest part of it. Football is brutal only from a distance. In the middle of it there's a calm, a tranquility. The players accept pain. There's a sense of order even at the end of a running play with bodies strewn everywhere. When the systems interlock, there's a satisfaction to the game that can't be duplicated. There's a harmony.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:22 am

You're worried about lack of money, and you go join the AIFL. At least join a league that isn't plagued with financial problems. Or, at least admit that you've wanted out of the CIFL since you bought into the Raiders two years ago, and you finally got a "good excuse" to do it.

You've got to start lying to people that believe it, Bob. Come on, now.
Last edited by exit322 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

The 8th Man
Site Admin

Post by The 8th Man » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:07 pm

If he wanted out he could of left after last season when he was being begged by the AIFA after the championship game. He chose to stay after some guy would not let it go about staying, who the hell was that? He stayed, he paid all fees, etc. and then the Flint debacle happened. It was not handled properly on a few ends, both parties know how I feel but at this point it is done and Bob made what he thinks is the best choice. Let it go and if it works, great, if it does not work you can tell him I told you so and something tells me Exit will be the first to do so :)

Return to “CIFL”