New NLL Commissioner Nick Sakiewicz Points To Expansion As Initial Focus

The National Lacrosse League (NLL) forum
Fran
Site Admin

New NLL Commissioner Nick Sakiewicz Points To Expansion As Initial Focus

Post by Fran » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:24 pm

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dail ... s/NLL.aspx

The NLL now has nine teams, and Sakiewicz said, "I've got my eye set on getting to 16 as soon as we possibly can." Stevens noted "off-season buzz" had at least two new franchises "entering the league" for the '17 season. Sakiewicz: "We have some markets currently identified that we're going to work on." However, he "would not name cities." Stevens noted Sakiewicz' non-lacrosse background "might be a valuable asset." He said, "I'll have an out-of-the-box perspective ... and I think we're going to need that. ... The NLL reminds me so much of where we were in the MLS 20 years ago." NLL BOD Chair Steve Govett said that 150 candidates "were vetted over the last seven months" (

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:50 pm

I love how Sports Business Daily hasn't "changed its writing style" over the years. They seem so afraid that "any stretch of three or more words" that are in the same order as in the "story" they are referencing wil be "seen as plagiarism."

So they do stupid, distracting things like write "would not name cities" in quotes.

Or maybe they are just so unskilled as writers that they are "unable to paraphrase."

In any case, the NLL is hosed, because Sakiewicz is "not a guy you want running anything."
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Return to “NLL”