MISL in Austin, TX

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) forum
IronLionZion
Site Admin

MISL in Austin, TX

Post by IronLionZion » Sun May 06, 2007 1:13 pm

This MISL needs a Texas Franchise why would you put a team in Mexico going past ALL the potential cities in texas and the cities I'm speaking of are . .

El Paso
San Antonio
Houston
but most importantly . . AUSTIN

Well gee why not put a squad in Austin hell I even though of a decent team name the Austin Renegades . . . not too cheesy and I think it describes most of the people in the city as well since everyone here is themselves KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD . . .

Seriously though . . . the Frank Erwin Center is a more than ideal place to let an MISL Franchise play . . . with a capacity of 16755 and decent attendance from the Austin Wranglers of the AFL whom currently play there . . why not?

But Monterrey though?

I mean this was a city that played in the WISL a league that WENT UNDER you're telling me you'd give Monterrey, Mexico consideration before Austin which is a mid-market city not a major city and trust me you put up a few banners or advertise enough along I-35 and get 101.5 (Austin's Alternative Rock station) wiv an advertising contract and you got youself at least 8-10,000 for a game . . . EACH game

Austin would be a perfect spot for MISL's 10th team but the monterrey squad as far as I'm concerned could be in let's see Atlanta, Seattle, The Carolinas even???

And I almost forgot to mention the FE center is located CONVENIENTLY on the Univ. of Texas campus right on red river street I'm sure students and citizens alike would enjoy a nice indoor soccer game . . . every once in awhile

but then again . . .

it's fun to dream . . .

discussion is more than welcome . . .

blessings to all . . .

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon May 07, 2007 7:23 pm

Monterrey has investors. Texas does not. End of story.

Mind you, I don't think the MISL is a wise investment right now.

bomp
Site Admin

Post by bomp » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:41 am

All an investor has to do is call up Stevie-Boy and he'll take your money. He isn't good for much but he is good about taking an owners money.
Unique ideas lead to prison. Don't name your son after a baseball glove. "Listen dude, do you really want the SEX??"

hawk174md
Site Admin

Post by hawk174md » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:57 pm

Austin would be a good place for an MISL team. Dallas once had an indoor soccer team (as did Houston). Why not consider San Antonio or even Fort Worth for an MISL team?
LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF TAMPA BAY STORM SINCE 1991

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Investing in MISL would be pretty dumb right now, especially if rumors of a breakaway league are well-founded.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:49 am

Pounder is right - MISL is nobodys interpretation of a strong league
Bomp is right - Anyone can call MISL from Austin and get a team. Its not like MISL is turning people away.

All Austin (or anyone else) needs is to call MISL. They'll be jumping all over themselves to sign up Austin.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Return to “MISL”