any expansion news?

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) forum
Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Mon May 07, 2007 11:30 pm

Very True Pounder. If you wanted to place a team in Agana Guam, Mongolia or the McMurdo Research Station in Antarticam, well, MISL will let you............ provided you pony up the expansion fee.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:39 am

What about the NY Arrows. Didn't they dominate the league in the 1980's with Steve Zungal. Wouldn't the metroplitan area be a good market. The meadowlands is available with the Devils and Nets leaving for other arenas.
Last edited by RevolutionX on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:51 pm

There's a new team entering the new arena in Newark with the Devils.

I think that ship has sailed, however.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:20 pm

[quote=""Dilbert""]Kansas City Comets in the new Sprint Center.

I would like to see the MISL return to some of its former cities such as Cleveland, Wichita, Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego, Monterrey, Edmonton, Montreal and maybe some cities they havent been to such as Salt Lake City, Seattle, Green Bay, Houston, Calgary. I want to see more teams out west. the California Cougars are lonely out west.[/quote]

The Comets have already said they can't afford the Spirit Center. They were hoping for a new arena in either Overland Park or Olathe, both of which fell through (and would be open by now if not for CAVE, Citizens Against Virtually Everything). They are now hoping for a new arena in either Independence or Belton, which ICC-Global is looking to build.

The Wichita Thunder GM was quoted the other day (I think in the Wichita Eagle, but I don't have a link) that the Thunder ownership group was looking at bringing back the Wings when the new downtown building opens, if it ever opens. (The Wichita Chapter of CAVE keeps demanding a revote on the arena.)

hawk174md
Site Admin

Post by hawk174md » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Let me ask you this - what future cities do you think deserve to be in the MISL?

I'll give you a couple:

Seattle (or Tacoma)
Anaheim
Phoenix
Denver
Pittsburgh
Columbus (OH)
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Nashville
Memphis
Charlotte
Buffalo

That's my guess.
LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF TAMPA BAY STORM SINCE 1991

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:40 pm

[quote=""hawk174md""]Let me ask you this - what future cities do you think deserve to be in the MISL?

I'll give you a couple:

Seattle (or Tacoma)
Anaheim
Phoenix
Denver
Pittsburgh
Columbus (OH)
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Nashville
Memphis
Charlotte
Buffalo

That's my guess.[/quote]

That's more than a couple, man...and probably unsustainable given the apparent relative demand for indoor soccer today.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “MISL”