any expansion news?

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) forum
mtedora
Site Admin

any expansion news?

Post by mtedora » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:15 pm

i see to my chagrin MISL teams are dropping out pretty fast and furious right now before the season begins...
what became of the supposed ORLANDO franchise, and the NEW JERSEY franchise, both of which were going to begin operations this upcoming season?
Mateo en Tejas, USA

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:48 pm

Orlando is releasing it's name soon. The schedule is supposed to be released is going to be announced tomorrow (Monday the 25th). If Orlando comes to life it will be on the sched.

mrcool92501
Site Admin

geoff...

Post by mrcool92501 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:10 am

orlando will b playing in the 2007-08 season

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:14 am

Isn't St. Louis dead?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Dilbert
Site Admin

Post by Dilbert » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:10 pm

Newark is joining as soon as the new Prudential Center opens, and Orlando is supposed to be joining next season as well as hopefully a return of the St. Louis Steamers and the Kansas City Comets in the new Sprint Center.

I would like to see the MISL return to some of its former cities such as Cleveland, Wichita, Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego, Monterrey, Edmonton, Montreal and maybe some cities they havent been to such as Salt Lake City, Seattle, Green Bay, Houston, Calgary. I want to see more teams out west. the California Cougars are lonely out west.

IronLionZion
Site Admin

Post by IronLionZion » Sun May 06, 2007 1:37 pm

hmm how about Austin, TX??
and seriously this expansion is a joke they're expanding to all these cities but don't even have proper coverage

how about a 16 team 2 conference league? East/West conf. with 4 divisions (Atlantic, Central, Midwest, Pacific) it would make good for proximity purposes . . .

is it REALLY that hard or are good ideas often ignored

for the sake of the league . . . PLEASE!

I wonder whose going to justify the way this league is going

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:15 am

[quote=""Dilbert""]Newark is joining as soon as the new Prudential Center opens, and Orlando is supposed to be joining next season as well as hopefully a return of the St. Louis Steamers and the Kansas City Comets in the new Sprint Center.

I would like to see the MISL return to some of its former cities such as Cleveland, Wichita, Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego, Monterrey, Edmonton, Montreal and maybe some cities they havent been to such as Salt Lake City, Seattle, Green Bay, Houston, Calgary. I want to see more teams out west. the California Cougars are lonely out west.[/quote]

I highly doubt Edmonton and Calgary will be back in the MISL. With the formation of the CMISL and the partnership between the league and those cities' youth soccer associations, I doubt the MISL would be easily able to come back into those two. The only way I see this happening is if the MISL merges with the CMISL.

As an aside, hypothetically, if the MISL wanted a team in Western Canada, based on the attendance of the CMISL Showcase Series, I'd say Winnipeg would be the best bet with around 7,000 attending those games.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon May 07, 2007 7:25 pm

Mr. Zion, (apologies if I got that wrong)

If you have enough money, MISL will sell you a franchise.

If nobody shows up to buy a franchise for your market, there's no team in your market.

The MISL does not place teams. They're a beggar. They have to wait for people with money.

Return to “MISL”