Massachusetts Twisters join NISL take place of Orlando Sharks this season

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) forum
Fran
Site Admin

Massachusetts Twisters join NISL take place of Orlando Sharks this season

Post by Fran » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:26 pm

The National Indoor Soccer League has announced that the Massachusetts Twisters, formerly of the American Indoor Soccer League, will take the place of the Orlando Sharks. The Sharks announced last week that they are unable to play in the 2008-09 NISL season due to conflicts with Amway Arena. The five-team NISL will begin the 2008-09 season on November 15th when the Baltimore Blast host the Rockford Rampage and the Philadelphia KiXX host the Massachusetts Twisters. The NISL was formed in September after the Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) dissolved in the spring.

"The last 48 hours have been an incredible whirlwind of emotions for me and my family," said Paul Lapointe, the owner and founder of the Twisters. "Now that the agreement has been signed, I can look back on the past eleven seasons and see that the vision I had when I started the Twisters and the American Indoor Soccer League has finally come to fruition. We were just waiting to be accepted by the most respected group the sport has to offer. We had many options and we would have not continued this season with anyone except this group of owners who understand teamwork outside the lines. This is right for the AISL and the Massachusetts Twisters."

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:42 am

No real surprise that Orlando is gone... Florida is a tough sports market to begin with and indoor soccer in Florida -- not going to happen. Not sure what to think about Massachusetts -- could be a good thing... could be a disaster... the NISL should let Monterrey join the PASL if they don't merge with the XSL focus on beoming a Northeast league... try adding Albany, Rochester, and/or Harrisburg.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Less than two weeks from kickoff, right?

Desperation!

The B.S. rumor mill says the Baltimore owner helped this along... might it have been done to keep the league from falling apart?
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Fez
Site Admin

Post by Fez » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:42 pm

This move was not desperation. It makes total sense. I mean nothing says "Strong, stable league" more than that magic number of FIVE franchises. They just had to add the Twisters.
Subscribe to Dayton Pro Sports Daily News: http://paper.li/f-1313642591

Return to “MISL”