AISL & MISL to Merge ?????????

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) forum
cardshopmd
Site Admin

AISL & MISL to Merge ?????????

Post by cardshopmd » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:47 pm

i was reading on line the the AISL & MISL are to to Merge ?????????
any one else here this from what i read 1/2 the misl teams will join up with 1/2 the aisl teams this makes sence sice 4 of the former misl team joined the extreme soccer league (LOL) what a joke leage that will be

what the owners of all the indoor leagues should do is create a champions league & play a nock out torney to determine a the real champion of indoor soccer

any thoughts or info u know would help

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Not what I'm reading, though none of the reading is easily comprehendable.

XSL will have Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, and New Jersey... and whomever else wants to climb on board. I think these are the single entity holdovers.

The rumor I hear is AISL teams either folding or going every which way, one to PASL, perhaps Rockford to a league with Baltimore, Philadelphia, Orlando, and, um, Monterrey?

Of course, Mr. Reeths offers that indoor is hurting. I'm just saying it's been that way for years, with the stragglers finally going nuclear about right now. The original MISL parlayed a couple gimmicks (one of which was the forerunner of the "game ops" most teams use these days) and the death of the NASL into success for a time. The stadia going up for MLS cements the likelihood that indoor will never see top talent again. From there, it probably needs to be a mid-market phenomenon or bust.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

sportsguy12
Site Admin

Philadelphia and Baltimore

Post by sportsguy12 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Not what I'm reading, though none of the reading is easily comprehendable.

XSL will have Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, and New Jersey... and whomever else wants to climb on board. I think these are the single entity holdovers.

The rumor I hear is AISL teams either folding or going every which way, one to PASL, perhaps Rockford to a league with Baltimore, Philadelphia, Orlando, and, um, Monterrey?

Of course, Mr. Reeths offers that indoor is hurting. I'm just saying it's been that way for years, with the stragglers finally going nuclear about right now. The original MISL parlayed a couple gimmicks (one of which was the forerunner of the "game ops" most teams use these days) and the death of the NASL into success for a time. The stadia going up for MLS cements the likelihood that indoor will never see top talent again. From there, it probably needs to be a mid-market phenomenon or bust.[/quote]

Might be homeless soon. Although Philadelphia has some alternatives. I don't see Rockford and Chicago going head to head.

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:41 am

Baltimore is done, the Blast won't have an arena to play in this time next year. So, don't count them in when discussing mergers. The Kixx are relocating to North Phily :eek :( the Apollo at Temple).
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

cardshopmd
Site Admin

Post by cardshopmd » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:28 am

baltimore is far from done ed hale will find a place for us to play
the convention center is 4 blocks away & can hold the fans

[quote=""bectond""]Baltimore is done, the Blast won't have an arena to play in this time next year. So, don't count them in when discussing mergers. The Kixx are relocating to North Phily :eek :( the Apollo at Temple).[/quote]

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:58 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]From there, it probably needs to be a mid-market phenomenon or bust.[/quote]

It may be best to cut expansion fees drastically and concentrate on a region. I agree that mid-size markets should be the priority. Allowing them into the game with lower fees would allow a league to regionalize and cut travel costs. Really, if an indoor soccer league would follow the indoor football model, it would be better off because in soccer you can play 2-3 games a weekend instead of just the one in football.

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:39 pm

[quote=""cardshopmd""]baltimore is far from done ed hale will find a place for us to play
the convention center is 4 blocks away & can hold the fans[/quote]

Ed Hale? please, have you ever wondered why his bank is offering such high rates on CD's? Because dude needs cash, he's the jack azz that financed all those empty condominium communities in the city. He can't afford to build an arena.

Where is Hale going to play? The Towson Center? Face it, his boy O'Malley just packed his shyt.
Last edited by bectond on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

Return to “MISL”