misl fans we have a new league

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) forum
cardshopmd
Site Admin

misl fans we have a new league

Post by cardshopmd » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:20 pm

i was on the blast website & it says stay tune for updates on the 2008-2009 seasion i beleave the info will be released by the end of the week i also read online that it will open up space for the older teams to come back in to the league next year

any one know what league we are in

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:48 pm

try 2 new leagues...1 announcement for sure on Tuesday...verified to be true

Panthers14
Site Admin

Updates on future MISL

Post by Panthers14 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:19 am

Come on now, We need more information than that. What do you know? Thank you for any and all information. Who will be playing where and in what league? What is the status of Monterrey? I would bet that the LaRaza is out and if they play at all, it would be in the PASL. As far as the remaining MISL Franchises, is it possible that some would be members of two leagues, i.e. like european soccer franchises that play in the Premier League and then go on to play in the UEFA Champions League as well!!! Just a thought, but a new regionalized MISL could be founded for all of the remaining franchises and those teams with deep pockets (i.e. Baltimore and Milwaukee) could also be involved in a second superliga. My hope is that the MISL formalizes soon and we all have a season to look forward to.

Panthers14
Site Admin

Post by Panthers14 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:09 am

Below please find an updated posting from the PASL-Pro website. Is it obvious that the cities that should be in the MISL are now in the PASL-Pro League! I.E. Dallas, St. Louis, and even a return of the San Diego Sockers. If the PASL-Pro turns out to be the real deal, then I can forsee the remaining MISL franchises being absorbed into the PASL-Pro; and if the PASL-Pro is smart, they will have their franchises play regional matchups with the division winners playing in the playoffs to cut cost. I also noticed that the PASL-Pro will have a franchise known as the Detroit Wazza!!! How will this affect the current MISL Detroit Ignition? The MISL better solve their issues soon, or risk loosing even their own fan base to investors willing to start teams in current MISL cities to fill to void created by the current MISL fiasco.

Here is the article on the current PASL-Pro:

PASL-Pro Finalizes US Lineup for 2008/09
Schedule to be released Tuesday

8/28/08 The Professional Arena Soccer League (PASL-Pro) today announced the alignment for its inaugural 2008/09 season. The regular season standings will consist of 8 US teams and 4 Canadian CMISL teams. The LMFR will also be included in the standings, but will play an independent schedule and will finalize its roster of teams early next month.

PASL-Pro approved the addition of the Texas Outlaws, based in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area, the Detroit Waza, and a yet-to-be named team in St. Louis. PASL-Pro previously announced the Stockton Cougars, Wenatchee Fire, 1790 Cincinnati, Colorado Lightning, and Denver Dynamite.

The league features at least two teams in every U.S. time zone, which is the only league of its kind in the sport, along with international teams in Canada and Mexico to create a true North American League.

The Eastern Division will consist of Cincinnati, St. Louis, Dallas, and Detroit, while the Western Division will hold Stockton, Wenatchee, Colorado, and Denver. The CMISL has the Edmonton Drillers, Winnipeg Alliance, Calgary United, and Saskatoon Accelerators.

Each team will play a 16-game schedule. The entire US schedule will be announced on Tuesday, September 2. Each CMISL team will play 2 home and 2 away games against PASL-Pro teams. The league will have a championship tournament March 13th-15th in Stockton, Ca. The Cougars will be the host team and all of the regular season division winners from PASL-Pro, the CMISL and the Mexican LMFR will qualify.

PASL-Pro also announced two expansion teams for the 2009/10 season. The San Diego Sockers will return upon the completion of their new arena and a yet-to-be-named team in Utah was also approved.

PASL-Pro is a new professional arena soccer league whose inaugural season kicks off October 25, 2008 when the Stockton Cougars host the Colorado Lightning. PASL-Pro consists of 8 US teams, the CMISL, and LMFR. The San Diego Sockers and a yet-to-be-named team in Utah have been added for the 2009/10 season. PASL-Premier just completed its 10th season as the nation’s top amateur arena soccer league. PASL-Pro and PASL-Premier are members of Federacion Internacional de Futbol Rapido (FIFRA).

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:28 pm

You might be surprised what takes place...announcement is planned for one of the leagues on Tuesday...keep an eye on indoor teams...I will post when I get the release

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:53 pm

one down one to go...

Xtreme Soccer League Debuts September 16
08/29/08 - Xtreme Soccer League (XSL) Detroit Ignition

• Discuss this story on the Xtreme Soccer League message board...
(Southfield, Mich., August 29, 200 8) - A new interactive sports lifestyle debuts Sept. 16, 2008, with the formal introduction of the Xtreme Soccer League and the Xtreme Soccer Xperience.
More than an indoor soccer league, the XSX is an energetic and innovative 12-month experience built around skilled soccer professionals, entertainment and fan participation - both live and online.

"It took us only a short time to fully appreciate the impact this lifestyle brand has, and we are elated to be at the forefront of the Xtreme Soccer platform," said Jeffrey Vanderbeek, co-owner with Michael Gilfillan of the New Jersey Ironmen.

"We are thrilled to enter our Silver Anniversary season in the new and exciting format of Xtreme Soccer," said Charles Krause, owner of the Milwaukee Wave.

"Being part of a group that is committed to long-term success and understands the value of such an amazing product is truly special," said John Hantz, owner of the Detroit Ignition.

"Soccer played a major role in my life, and those of my partners," said Viktor Jakovljevic, co-owner of the Chicago Storm. "To be a part of this lifestyle brand is a dream come true."

All information pertaining to the XSL and XSX will be available on Sept. 16, including markets, schedules and contact information. More details on that event will follow.

The Detroit Ignition completed the 2007-08 season as regular-season champions of the Major Indoor Soccer League. Information regarding Ignition season, group, and individual tickets can be obtained by calling the club at 1-888-436-GOAL (4625), by visiting the team's official Internet property, http://www.detroitignition.com, by calling TicketMaster at 248-645-6666, or by using http://www.ticketmaster.com.

The Detroit Ignition is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Hantz Group. The Hantz Group is a full-service financial holding company with 24 locations in Michigan and Ohio serving over 20,000 clients with over $2.0 billion in assets under management. With over 500 employees the full service company provides financial planning, tax planning, investment products, and mortgages through its affiliates.

cardshopmd
Site Admin

baltimore to join aisl ??????????

Post by cardshopmd » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:05 pm

I did a ton of research & i expect that the blast will join in the AISL the reasion i say this is because of a simple fact the blast will start play in december thats what the rumor is also on Sept 16 th the info on the league will be released from what i was told the 8 former misl teams split in 1/2 4 went to the extreme soccer league & 4 to the AISL

the XSL Is A Joke
the AISL has a bigger market & fan base

these teams will make an announcement on the 16 th of September
Milwaukee wave
Detroit Ignition
Baltimore Blast ?????

here is what it says on the aisl web site

Aug 1, 2008 from the AISL Newswire << Back to Headlines

AISL Announces Kick Start ‘08 Date, 2008-09 Season Theme

This afternoon, American Indoor Soccer League president/CEO Paul Lapointe announced that the league will start its sixth season of play on Saturday night, December 6th, with the league’s annual “Kick Start” opening weekend.

Lapointe also announced that the league’s schedule and roster of teams for the 2008-09 campaign will be announced at 4PM on Monday, September 8th.

“Although we are announcing our schedule later than we had anticipated, we feel that this will give us more time to develop a relationship with the teams in the former Major Indoor Soccer League, with the potential of some inter-league play once they finalize their league alignment and business model,” Lapointe said.

In addition, today the AISL unveiled it’s theme for the 2008-09 season, “Our Time is Now”. The new theme features a red, white, and blue logo, and was developed by Rich Paschette, league director of operations.

“This summer has been the most tumultuous in the thirty-year history of the game of professional indoor soccer,” said Paschette. “A few weeks ago, I had bounced a few ideas for a theme around with some of my colleagues in the league. However, after contemplating over the issues that the game as a whole has had over the past few months, I felt that it was time for the AISL to make a stand and show that we want to be a player in the pro soccer world, and ‘Our Time is Now’ punctuates that.”

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:28 pm

sorry, but wrong...the other teams will not be joining the AISL...Mass Twisters ( are going black for the year), plus most of the AISL play in smaller venues...the other new league has also delayed the Tuesday announcement until some teams have issues resolved, as of today one new expansion type frnachise will join the other MISL members...

cardshopmd
Site Admin

Post by cardshopmd » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:45 pm

well thats news to me the time lines are the same kinda funny dont u think
i think the news is realy screwed up now i guess its a wait & see thing now

[quote=""radiodavel""]sorry, but wrong...the other teams will not be joining the AISL...Mass Twisters ( are going black for the year), plus most of the AISL play in smaller venues...the other new league has also delayed the Tuesday announcement until some teams have issues resolved, as of today one new expansion type frnachise will join the other MISL members...[/quote]

radiodavel
Site Admin

Post by radiodavel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:09 pm

plus the AISL's Cincinnati franchise jumped ship and joined the Premeir League...so they are down to 3 or 4 teams depending on the structure...

I think this second new league will have a solid foundation...

Return to “MISL”