misl fans we have a new league

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) forum
sportsguy12
Site Admin

Ton of research, really?

Post by sportsguy12 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:25 pm

[quote=""cardshopmd""]I did a ton of research & i expect that the blast will join in the AISL the reasion i say this is because of a simple fact the blast will start play in december thats what the rumor is also on Sept 16 th the info on the league will be released from what i was told the 8 former misl teams split in 1/2 4 went to the extreme soccer league & 4 to the AISL

the XSL Is A Joke
the AISL has a bigger market & fan base

these teams will make an announcement on the 16 th of September
Milwaukee wave
Detroit Ignition
Baltimore Blast ?????

here is what it says on the aisl web site

Aug 1, 2008 from the AISL Newswire << Back to Headlines

AISL Announces Kick Start ‘08 Date, 2008-09 Season Theme

This afternoon, American Indoor Soccer League president/CEO Paul Lapointe announced that the league will start its sixth season of play on Saturday night, December 6th, with the league’s annual “Kick Start” opening weekend.

Lapointe also announced that the league’s schedule and roster of teams for the 2008-09 campaign will be announced at 4PM on Monday, September 8th.

“Although we are announcing our schedule later than we had anticipated, we feel that this will give us more time to develop a relationship with the teams in the former Major Indoor Soccer League, with the potential of some inter-league play once they finalize their league alignment and business model,” Lapointe said.

In addition, today the AISL unveiled it’s theme for the 2008-09 season, “Our Time is Now”. The new theme features a red, white, and blue logo, and was developed by Rich Paschette, league director of operations.

“This summer has been the most tumultuous in the thirty-year history of the game of professional indoor soccer,” said Paschette. “A few weeks ago, I had bounced a few ideas for a theme around with some of my colleagues in the league. However, after contemplating over the issues that the game as a whole has had over the past few months, I felt that it was time for the AISL to make a stand and show that we want to be a player in the pro soccer world, and ‘Our Time is Now’ punctuates that.”[/quote]

Milwaukee, NJ, Detroit and Chicago are joining the new XSL. This is old news? Anyone who reads this site or looked at the league website would know this.

Return to “MISL”