Why is the MISL Championship not on Fox Soccer Channel as Scheduled

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) forum
Panthers14
Site Admin

Why is the MISL Championship not on Fox Soccer Channel as Scheduled

Post by Panthers14 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:19 pm

Why is the 2008 MISL Championship Game not on Fox Soccer Channel now (7:20 p.m. Eastern) as scheduled? Will it be tape Delayed? Did the league fold and nobody told us? What is going on. Concerned Blast Fan.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:00 am

Well it's finally on.

God it looks AWFUL. Was the arena napalmed before the game it looks orange all over.

Worst tv picture quality anywhere.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

tops804
Site Admin

The league should have given Versus a longer chance...

Post by tops804 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:25 am

It cries because it isn't on a major cable carrier, but when one pick's it up
they dump it (For a hard to find Fox channel), then can't understand why
they don't get more exposure...

Panthers14 -- Are you glad the game is being held at a neutral site??? More
thanks goes to the TV network for that...
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Panthers14
Site Admin

Post by Panthers14 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:01 am

I agree with Blast owner, Ed Hale, that having a neutral site game is stupid. The reason that the MISL is using this format is because of Fox Soccer Channel. Well, the NBA and NHL do not and the networks that cover them know with advance after the conference finals where the first championship game will be held. The networks could also have enough time to prepare to cover the MISL Championship game. If one week would be to close, then make it a two week layoff. Come on, the Championship Game should be held in the city of the highest ranking team remaining. I would bet that tonight's game does not sell out. As far as the coverage is concerned, the video quality if poor at best and I see that they are having audio problems. Now answer this question. Fox Soccer Channel has a MLS Game of the week, which I have been a loyal fan as well, and the quality of their telecast is light years ahead of this indoor championship game. I remember when CBS telecast MISL Games in the 80's and those games were first class. There is no reason why tonight's telecast has had some many issues.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:34 am

They need back on Versus. In the worst way.

They will be on high def. or at least standard def. you can actually SEE.

Fox Soccer Channel has such crappy PQ it should be a crime.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:32 pm

according to another board they used a brand new truck and nobody knew how to use it..................
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Fez
Site Admin

Post by Fez » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:55 pm

The coverage on FSC was disappointing to say the least. Neutral site sucks. It always has. The crowd is lame and not really into two teams that are from other cities. As for Vs, I'm not a big fan of the network, but I agree, HiDef would be nice.
Subscribe to Dayton Pro Sports Daily News: http://paper.li/f-1313642591

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:26 am

Did MISL buy time on Versus, or did Versus actually pay money for MISL? Either way, I'm betting future time on Versus would cost the league too much.

Fox Soccer Channel secret: they actually have a lot of programming that they're not going to ditch for NOT KNOWING when a final could be played at a home site (best way to judge- look who advertises and when. They make money with English Premiership games, a little less with Liga Italia, MLS might be break-even). Besides, hasn't that been the case the last three years or so with the championship telecast for whatever network they're on?

What saddens me is that this league is a lot closer to the abyss than, say, the ABA is. It doesn't surprise me, however. I only respond because there are people here acting like the league picks a TV network... when it is most certainly the other way around.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:03 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]according to another board they used a brand new truck and nobody knew how to use it..................[/quote]

What the link to the other board just curious.

I watched the game very poor quailty by FSC. They have one more year left on the contract they hopefully they can improve.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:50 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Did MISL buy time on Versus, or did Versus actually pay money for MISL?[/quote]

I couldn't quote you absolute specifics, but these are almost always either time buys or co-op deals. This isn't the NFL, MLB or NBA we're talking about here. The MISL isn't going to be generating the types of ratings that would lead to any type of money going from network to league.

Return to “MISL”