Should Be Embarrassed

The Northern League (NL) forum
Hawk87
Site Admin

Should Be Embarrassed

Post by Hawk87 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:07 am

Schaumburg and Joliet should be embarrassed. There are a lot of indy operators meeting their obligations with a lot less.

The Northern League should be put out of its misery. The city governments should be murdering Ehrenreich and Ferro/Toole, especially in an election year.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but aren't the real average attendances for these beautiful ballparks in the 1500-2000 range in both cities? With that kind of support its criminal that obligations aren't met.

The city of Zion proved idiots are born everyday when they got involved with Ehrenreich.

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Post by J.J. Smith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:54 pm

One of the big problems with these sorts of issues, and they are happening all over the country, is that there is no transparency about what is going on. More and more, people are disconnected from the real workings of their local government, and that allows the wealthy and connected to operate with impunity in the shadows.

Another problem is the continuing decline of relevant local newspapers-their articles, more often than not, are little more than press releases. Few are willing to ask the people involved even the most basic of questions. The Lake County News-Sun is the most blatant example of this. What a joke that paper is.

I have a proposal: If a team is operating in a taxpayer subsidized stadium, then their year end financial statements should be available to the citizens. Even better, have the city in which the stadium is located be the actual owner of the team and allow local people to buy into it. After all, the true value of these franchises is the lease on the subsidized stadium.

As for Zion, the people running that city are not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer-just what an operator like Ehrenreich was looking for.

Return to “NL”