How does a team fall so fast so often?

The Northern League (NL) forum
Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

How does a team fall so fast so often?

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:58 pm

What's up with Winnipeg?!? Weren't they contending for the top spot in the league not too long ago? Now they are eliminated from playoff contention. Last season was also an early out for Winnipeg, but DURING the playoffs. The Goldeyes have great hitters and they acquired Donzell McDonald, another great hitter before the deadline. This is the same Donzell McDonald who insured Fargo a 2009 league championship (IMO). No dice with the Goldeyes however. They were not close to winning the final playoff spot this season.

I guess it's true. The Northern league is a pitchers' league. Pitching trumps hitting...but I guess that's true of all baseball.

BCRantzilla
Site Admin

Post by BCRantzilla » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:08 am

Forney has no fire whatsoever as a manager and it trickles down to the team as a whole. If he isn't fired up, neither are they and more often than not the club has played like they were napping through the games. I have never seen the Fish lie down and die as many times as they have this season and a LOT of this can be accredited to a lack of discipline and lack of leadership on the part of the manager.
And that is all the people need to know!

Return to “NL”