Northern All-Stars beat Golden League

The Northern League (NL) forum
wasteland
Site Admin

Northern All-Stars beat Golden League

Post by wasteland » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:52 pm

RiverHawks center fielder, and an all-star for the fourth straight year, Jason James sparked a first-inning rally — and a 9-3 victory for the Northern League — during Wednesday’s independent baseball interleague all-star game in Tucson, Ariz.

James smacked an RBI single for the first run of the game, kick-starting a three-run first-inning surge that got the Northern League all-stars going in their win over the Golden League’s best. James then had a run-scoring double in the second to give his squad a 4-0 lead.

By the time he exited in the sixth inning, he was 2-for-3 with two RBIs and a run scored. A game MVP was not announced by press time. James was the only player in the game with multiple hits until Kevin West (2-for-5 with two runs and an RBI) hit an RBI single for the Northern League in the four-run seventh. Amos Ramon had a three-run triple in the frame.

Rockford closer Scott Roehl came in and threw the ninth inning, striking out the last batter after giving up a one-out, run-scoring double. The RiverHawks leader with 11 saves, Roehl did not get the save because of the hot Northern League bats, but he closed it out with a 16-to-6 strike-to-ball ratio.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 am

Hmmmmm. You would think with all the talk about how the Golden League has more talent than the Northern League that the Golden League could at least scare-up a win on their own turf.

It's just as I thought. When the competition is head to head then the story is quite different.

wasteland
Site Admin

Post by wasteland » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:45 pm

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]Hmmmmm. You would think with all the talk about how the Golden League has more talent than the Northern League that the Golden League could at least scare-up a win on their own turf.

It's just as I thought. When the competition is head to head then the story is quite different.[/quote]

From what I've been reading over on the Golden league board, we are lucky they even sent a team of all-stars to the game. What a mess.

Return to “NL”