Fielders Host 1st "Home" Game

The Northern League (NL) forum
ca
Site Admin

Post by ca » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:45 pm

id be a little concerned about kzo if i were a part of fl mgmt as theyve moved a series at home vs TC to TC and their record is deplorable . imo if kzo n oc dont have an 2011 season the fl could be at 8 teams for im not sure if the crushers and wild things could stay on . as for lc in the NoL what happens to the loop if they are looking at 7 nines next year which could happen if they dont have a park . why would anyone finance a park for an owner that cant cut it an existing park is beyond me !

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:03 am

[quote=""J.J. Smith""]Ken,

It's one thing to throw out some inflated "attendance" figure for public consumption, it's another to state outright that the game was "played in front of a crowd of 1,275" when the actual number was one forth that size. That's an outright lie, and is consistent with the way this organization has handled things from the start. I expect better from a club in an established league that promotes itself as the premier independent circuit.[/quote]

Don't shoot the messenger. That's how attendance is reported. It's pretty universal.

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Post by J.J. Smith » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Lake County would be better off not even listing an attendance figure. If we take them at their word (:rolleyes :) , and accept that they sold 1,300 tickets, and only 200 bothered to show up, what does that say about them? And it's going to be a bit of a shock for the people who venture out there and find a couple hundred people scattered about, and then read the next day that the game was played "in front of 1,300". I've read some facebook entries to that effect already.

ca
Site Admin

Post by ca » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:08 pm

huge differences between paid attendance and turnstyle counts imo give "professional" loops a very bad image and loops like the nwl sc circuit benefit greatly from it

Return to “NL”