North American League

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
LaVidaLoca
Site Admin

Post by LaVidaLoca » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:01 am

Las Vegas will never happen...someone is dreaming or on drugs. The NAL has enough issues and LV is a NOOOOOOOO! Calgary and Edmonton are both still praying the league happens, but no schedule, TJ AGAIN, and YUMA...nah...maybe 10 teams...MAYBE.

Eddie
Site Admin

Post by Eddie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:15 pm

[quote=""ChicoOutlawsFan""]I highly doubt a high school would allow beer and smoking at a baseball field. The NAL always looks for facilities that are professional looking, but sometimes wind up disappointed. Again, I bet the 51's will have a say in the NAL's plans. If the 51's are in financial difficulty and flod or relocate, then I say "yes", the NAL could bring a team in. But until then, I just don't see it happening.[/quote]

How can anyone say the NAL looks for facilities that are professional looking when this is the first season. Maybe the GBL, NOL and ULB did. But right now they are scrambling to even put a league together so I won't use definites when referring to the NAL.

I see it as desperation and they will take what they can get just to get on the field this year and then change later. Some high school fields are better than some college fields and there are college fields with no beer that have been used in indy ball before. There are a few ballparks now that are in dry areas too.

The 51s are not going to have a say in anything. This is a private industry. They can make moves that make it impossible to survive but they can't just put up a sign that says "No NAL allowed". Not that the 51s are in great shape themselves, always threats of pulling up stakes and leaving.

ChicoOutlawsFan
Site Admin

Bottom line...

Post by ChicoOutlawsFan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:29 am

The North American League will be dead to rites and many teams will either fold or defect to other more successful and financially stable leagues. The GBL is dead. The NoL is dead. And ULB is dead. Yet, they think our assumptions are stupid, ignorant, inaccurate and irresponsible. If they could quit sugarcoating things, perhaps the truth WILL come out. But they are in such denial about the subsequent end, they will finally admit the pundants were right.

As far as Las Vegas, the city will not welcome a collapsing league in... period.

indyproball
Site Admin

Keep the dreams alive

Post by indyproball » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm

I think the GBL hopes 160 players sign up for the winter league, have eight teams for the showcase league and all the summer teams will secure facilities to play in, and sponsorships will come forward.

Teams links going dead and some of the winter page links going to 2008 and 2009 pages are not a good sign. Players still not getting calls are not a good sign.

What if the winter league completes? And there are 160 players thinking the NAL will sign many of them and then there is no league?

Knowing that info as they sign the players to a winter contract is a crime. But a huge one to prove.

As in the past, the GBL posted reporting times for the camp. Not this year. Where do they report? When?

Return to “GBL”