Tucson Future?

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Lunk,

Just curious... do YOU own or run a team in the GL? You repeatedly slam people fo not knowing what it's like to run or own a team in the GL. Do you? If so, it'd be nice to know who is throwing out these slams - many of the people on here have identified themselves.

Also, many of the people who post on here have a background in how to run a team the right way, not the GL way. In fact, many of us have personal experience with the GL. We're not all just people looking in from the outside.

Just curious.
Last edited by smallballfan on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 am

Lunkhead...I can take your best shot. I have more than enough experience in baseball and mgmt to blog and be very accurate to the degree that my info received does not change for any reason. Sometimes it does, but most of the time my info is very good and I share it for reasons that smallball explained. A blog is not a lie or bullsh##, it is merely information received and shared from people that are more on the inside than you or me and happen to be interested in the GBL in many ways. The GBL IS a problem, has been and may always be and I will continue to blog until they either fix their issues or fade into the sunset. They have squeezed enough players, sponsors and fans from their hard earned $$ and that is that. If you don't like it then go somewhere else or try to understand where MOST people are on the GBL.

Sorry you think the way you do, and I do have a life and a good one and I do stand on the side of players, fans and sponsors not people who want to bad mouth others bloggers....that's what a forum is for LUNKHEAD.

You can wait or you can call Maui's office...and you can call Tucson and see they will NOT have the Canadians there without teams to play after ST...and call OC and see where they stand with their new stadium,,,nowhere! Maui here they come.

If some info proves to be wrong then so be it. But, until then I will take what sources say and try to have a little fun with an interesting subject....you need to lighten up a bit...and read more across the baseball world as to what is out there ...it's called "hot stove" in case you are not aware...

Bash if you must and have a great day!
Baseball is Life

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 am

[quote=""Lunkhead""]Why does Torosfan always have the insight to everything, he does not work within the GBL, he doesnot own a team, He does not work for a team but he knows more than anybody else. And that is from Tucson to Canada, to Maui. What wisdom and insight, get a f**king life and stop telling people that Maui, OC and others won't be back, and that the Canadians are the gods of this League and of course Tucson. Blog about the game not about false rumors that you feel are necessary.[/quote]

Lunk, by the way...I do not work for the GBL, I do not own a GBL team, I am not working for a GBL team, and I don't say I know more than anyone else... but I do get around...and remember, the media is a very tight bunch and the internet, along with other social media is a vast resource.

I don't believe the Canadian teams are the Gods of the league but they are the 3 most viable resources that the GBL has and cannot afford to lose...believe it or not. As for Tucson, the Torosfan comes from way back when they were a MILB org, not the current GBL team. So far, what you blogged above are the only FALSE RUMORS...I am out of the closet...whew!
Baseball is Life

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:47 pm

Victoria Seals close doors...umm

smallballfan
Site Admin

Post by smallballfan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:00 am

Insightful.

They'll be back in one form or another, maybe not in 2011 but I'd guess they'll return. I'd think they needed to do this to break their franchise contract with the GL. So now there's two viable teams in the GL. Makes scheduling easy.

Return to “GBL”