Prediction: The Chico Outlaws will relocate...

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
ChicoOutlawsFan
Site Admin

Prediction: The Chico Outlaws will relocate...

Post by ChicoOutlawsFan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Though nothing has been said publicly, I predict that the Chico Outlaws have played their final home game at Nettleton Stadium and won their last championship in the city. I expect the franchise to be relocated somewhere else and the history of the team to be just that... history! I saw the celebration of the team's 2nd GBL title on TV the other night and was very disappointed on how it looked. It was held at a sports bar and only a handful of players showed up. It looked more like a pizza party for little leaguers. If the ownership, Diamond Sports & Entertainment, had any sense, they would've had a big parade up Main Street and a big celebration in the City Plaza downtown. But that didn't happen. And as long as they own and run the Outlaws, it will NEVER happen.

I'm sure DS&E, which also runs the GBL, will find some way to fund the league because I just don't see them lasting much longer. The Outlaws are about to be kicked out of Nettleton Stadium as Chico State is probably fed up with them. I feel very sorry for the players and fans who did support them, but it was not as good as when the Chico Heat played.

It would happen if Chico had affiliated Minor League Baseball and a new stadium in the city. You can bet on that. So, Chico, be ready for affiliated MiLB baseball to come to the area in the future and for the GBL to finally leave town. Good riddance! :mad:

Return to “GBL”