Maui vs. Chico

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
stg2010 front office
Site Admin

Post by stg2010 front office » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Congratulations to Tempy and the Outlaws. That was quite a run you had, through the playoffs.

It sure will be interesting to see what develops for next season.

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

South

Post by TOROSFAN » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:51 am

THE NORTH RULED AGAIN...THAT IS A HISTORICAL FACT AS WELL AS A GBL FACT...AND YOUR "HOMERS" WERE SWEPT ALSO....WEREN"T THEY??

Another factoid...I understand they may have to all rent a boat to the mainland...they had to pay their way there to play, and now they have to pay their way back...that is the real tragedy!! There may not even be a South Division next year...6 teams and that is a stretch.
Baseball is Life

FlyerFan
Site Admin

Post by FlyerFan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:01 am

[quote=""TOROSFAN""]THE NORTH RULED AGAIN...THAT IS A HISTORICAL FACT AS WELL AS A GBL FACT...AND YOUR "HOMERS" WERE SWEPT ALSO....WEREN"T THEY??

Another factoid...I understand they may have to all rent a boat to the mainland...they had to pay their way there to play, and now they have to pay their way back...that is the real tragedy!! There may not even be a South Division next year...6 teams and that is a stretch.[/quote]

I know for a fact that is not true. Better check it before you spread bad info.

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:00 pm

[quote=""TOROSFAN""]THE NORTH RULED AGAIN...THAT IS A HISTORICAL FACT AS WELL AS A GBL FACT...AND YOUR "HOMERS" WERE SWEPT ALSO....WEREN"T THEY??

Another factoid...I understand they may have to all rent a boat to the mainland...they had to pay their way there to play, and now they have to pay their way back...that is the real tragedy!! There may not even be a South Division next year...6 teams and that is a stretch.[/quote]

This is a bunch BS, you should not talk s*** unless you know for a fact. The tickets were bought by the league and not the players. St. George you should go write somewhere else.

JFeld127
Site Admin

Post by JFeld127 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:22 pm

It's amazing watching rumors get posted and spread like wildfire. I'd love to one day find out where some of yall get your "information" because sometimes it's semi-accurate, but others, wow, it's more off-the-mark than a Cimarrones fast ball.

ChicoOutlawsFan
Site Admin

Post by ChicoOutlawsFan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:03 pm

[quote=""stg2010 front office""]Congratulations to Tempy and the Outlaws. That was quite a run you had, through the playoffs.

It sure will be interesting to see what develops for next season.[/quote]

Agreed! I bet they feel real good about proving the naysayers wrong. But what will 2011 bring?

Way to go, Outlaws!!! 2-time Champions!

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:04 am

FACT...They paid their way there for spring training, and if cut paid their way home...The league may have paid OC and Maui's way for the playoffs...I'm talking about after the series was over...Maui to Mainland for the players...that's not the league's responsibility...You need to talk to the Maui players...if it's a rumor it's not from me!

Flyer fan...just passing on info received, not related to Flyer players and not related to the championship flights. Of course no one wants it to be true, but do you realize lots of players in the league still are waiting for back pay?

GBL issues are fact, and you can live in your fairy tale world if you want folks, the league is in trouble and most of us would like it to improved. That's not BS, just a wish.
Last edited by TOROSFAN on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit spelling
Baseball is Life

Lunkhead
Site Admin

Post by Lunkhead » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:30 am

FACT Maui paid for the players flight to Spring Training, all travel to and back from the mainland including playoffs and championship, they also paid the flight home for all players after Championship game. As for the other teams, I do not know, so why don't you get a life and stop talking sh** you know nothing about. :mrgreen:

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:09 am

LUNK...I know of players that went to spring training and NONE had their flights paid for...although they were told they would be reimbursed!!! Then there are players that I know were not paid for their airfare home after not making the team!! FACT
Unless you can back up your statements I suggest YOU stop the BS...I don't need to argue with those that don't have correct info...I HAVE FACTS and that is all I need to say. ..don't need to worry about your diatribe!!
If you are a member of the Maui team mgmt and want to challenge my facts send me a private message and we will discuss who and when and where...if you are not asssociated, then I forgive you...I challenge you to prove your statements that ALL were paid to ST and from ST...I really hope you are with Maui as I have a lot of other questions for you. Maybe you would want to go public with your facts?? Let me know.
Baseball is Life

JFeld127
Site Admin

Post by JFeld127 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:37 am

@Lunk, it's kinda funny hearing this from Toro, mainly because I'm pretty sure I know everyone's identity on this thing after being around the GBL for a while. I know a couple guys who were on Maui. They said they were taken care of getting out there. Don't know yet about getting back, but I'll have to ask 'em.

Return to “GBL”