Roadrunners taken over by league, remaining home games canceled

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

alot of doubt

Post by TOROSFAN » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:19 pm

It is doubtful that St G will play anymore games anywhere unless they have a draft...at least 9 of their roster is gone to other teams and I doubt if they can find a reasonable mix of players to even field a team. Their best are gone and the GBL falls deeper into debt and uncertainty...wow
Baseball is Life

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:53 pm

I ADMIT IT...I WAS WRONG. St G is playing good baseball under very difficult circumstances...and on the road...let's hope they stay competitive and play .500 baseball.
Baseball is Life

uf318
Site Admin

New recruits are very competitive

Post by uf318 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:53 am

Yes, a lot of us were wrong. I have made a couple of blog posts on the new St. George Roadrunners. See:

http://victoriasealsbaseball.blogspot.c ... ew_18.html

http://victoriasealsbaseball.blogspot.c ... ucted.html

stg2010 front office
Site Admin

Post by stg2010 front office » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:10 pm

As of September 1;

The players haven't been paid since their last check from the old ownership group (Aug. 1)

had their meal money reduced to $10/day.

the GBL must be saving up so they can pay the play-off umps.

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:30 am

Here they (GBL) go again....no responsibility for anything...just selling and re-selling teams...$$ in their pockets. More players that won't be paid and to date the GBL has not filred any legal docs to get the players paid from previous Yuma and St G owners...probably will never happen...I hope Canadian teams leave and the GBL is bust!! The Playoff expenses will be huge no matter who wins...lots of expensive travel...we'll see!! Maui has huge $$ issues already...only getting 5-700 fans in their inaugural season and winning....WOW...big trouble, good team, poor League Mgmt.
Baseball is Life

stg2010 front office
Site Admin

You're kidding me, right?

Post by stg2010 front office » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Well, boys and girls, it just keeps getting better...

So the league tells Victoria they can play the 3 games at home, instead of traveling, BUT [Victoria] will have to pay the 3 days meal money for the RoadRunners. Parker ponies up the $18 x days per guy and--wait for it! Here it comes...the guys get their 30 bucks apiece.

Howzat? Isn't 18 dollars x 3 days, uh...FIFTY-FOUR DOLLARS?

Who ended up with the rest of the money? 24x25=600, last time I checked. Nice little spiff for, uh, somebody.

Ten bucks a day meal money. Nice, GBL. At least the guys have their paychecks.

What was that? The guys haven't been paid since August first, when the league took over the team?

Kaval, Outcalt, and Marshall strike again.

Return to “GBL”