Yuma Folds? Golden League front office lies to players

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Yuma...TJ

Post by TOROSFAN » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Alot of what has been mentioned is correct. However, here are some true facts...

-GBL lied to Yuma players about paying them before they left for Canada
-players that left Yuma asked for their release and most are now playing in Canada or Ca
-previous Yuma players have not been paid and are owed 3 checks...current old players are due their 4th check 7/25
-Yuma got 4 days per diem for the 12 day trip...most are living on peanut butter and jelly...TRUE...WOW
-Brinkley hasn't been paid either...the other coaches took a hike
-TJ will stay in Yuma..who knows where and play on the back fields if Yuma at home...also, the current ASL league in Yums is a total farse...players paying $3000 each to play with well below avg players...GBL or some is making the $$$ over 50 players paid...another joke!!
-GBL and Yuma ownership say the problem is getting the $$ out of Venezuela...some issue..probably Mr Smith, as he has a cloudy past in ownership and with Canadian Hockey. The venezuelan players know the history of his promises in their homeland.
-Which makes the FINAL POINT...where are you GBL??????????????

Everyone one of us...the baseball fans, knew TJ and Yuma would be a problem...they have been and always will be. The GBL is responsible and accountable for the pay situations as they should of had the salaries in an escrow acct to cover the players who make them the $$. Also, the per diem $$ should be covered foe the season. If no butts in the seats, then fold it and pay the players their due. GBL is as much at fault and could destoy the rest if they don't pay the players by 7/31.

A search is in progress to find a Pro-Bono atty to represent the players. If anyone knows of one that may be interested, please post their contact on this message forum and they will be contacted. It is intended to recoup their saleries and personal damage well beyond their saleries...they have been misrepresented and deserve all the $$ they can get from the GBL and the ownership of the 2 clubs. These players are fighting everyday for free...so, if they are in your city, give them a hand and a a pizza or two.

Respect and praises to all the players of Yuma and TJ.
Baseball is Life

DCNationals1
Site Admin

Post by DCNationals1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:51 am

[quote=""TOROSFAN""]

Everyone one of us...the baseball fans, knew TJ and Yuma would be a problem....[/quote]
I do not know about Yuma, but Tijuana would NOT have been a problem if an ownership group that actually had money and a modicum of intelligence had been put in place. It is hard to expect fans to show up if the team never bothers to tell them that it exists. The Cimarrones had no sponsors, no radio station, no billboards, no advertisements, no nothing. Now they don't even have a stadium to come back to.

I know someone in the IMDET (Tijuana municipal sports authority) who tells me that the Cimarrones NEVER attempted to get any money, sponsorships or promotion out of the city, all of which, in an election year, were there for the asking. They apparently never approached Tecate or Modelo beers, nor Coke or Pepsi. WHY???????

This could have worked. Instead it will be impossible for the GBL to return to Mexico.

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:02 am

DC...if you know who payed them please contact me thru private msg or thru this forum...Yuma has got 0...and it is a breach of contract and taxation to pay cash...this is very important if you are sure and have more info.

Thanks
Baseball is Life

DCNationals1
Site Admin

Post by DCNationals1 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:04 am

[quote=""TOROSFAN""]DC...if you know who payed them please contact me thru private msg or thru this forum...Yuma has got 0...and it is a breach of contract and taxation to pay cash...this is very important if you are sure and have more info.

Thanks[/quote]

I do not know who paid them. Heck, I live in Tijuana, and I do not even know who ownership of the Cimarrones is. No one knows.

If Yuma is being "paid" cash, could they be calling it back meal money? That would get around those pesky taxation laws.
Last edited by DCNationals1 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldfatguy
Site Admin

Yuma

Post by oldfatguy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:09 am

Funny, in a tragic way.

http://www.yumasun.com/sports/kaval-625 ... eball.html

Funny how the GL cries about Smith not paying his bills. Pot calling the kettle and such. Didn't the GL even ask a few questions about this guy? Seems like they were defending him a few days ago with the talk about them being within their rights in not paying the players.

Really hope the players do sue, though really is there anything to get, any money? A judgement is good but how are they going to collect.

I hope people who want to play and work in baseball look at this stuff too, not just the fun things. Great lessons being taught.

ChicoOutlawsFan
Site Admin

Post by ChicoOutlawsFan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:29 pm

I bet you anything there will be someone going after the GBL until they OWN the league and throw Kaval and Outcalt OUT!!!

Return to “GBL”