Mike Marshall and his Wife will ruin the Outlaws!

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:08 am

Question?? Do we know if her contract has a clause to pitch in the playoffs? I have heard it does...and at least one more start in reg season that won't matter...but the Playoffs...that will be interesting? Anyone know?
Baseball is Life

sean
Site Admin

Post by sean » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:22 am

Ok, here's the deal and read my post VERY CAREFULLY cause I won't be posting again. I NEVER made any type of suggestions of anything sexual going on with Mike Marshall's wife- NEVER . I have never heard anything on my end about that; what I do KNOW is that she has continually gotten into to PLAYERS FACES and made threats to them- nothing sexual and I NEVER sad that. I said she is a wack job and on a major power trip and has not right to even be a part of the team. It's a joke, and her Husband needs to have some balls and be a man.

The facts that are specific can't be given in detail because I obviously am not going to through people who have had the problems with the what's going on in Chico under the bus. But it WILL ALL COME out and hopefully chico won't have these clowns around.

I'm not saying anymore, because it's obvious people feel I'm slamming Marshall(which I am) but I don't need to convince anyone of anything. I know the truth and just wanted to vent and see if anyone else had any of the same issues.

And No I'm not the clubbie , but they did go through at least two this year.

sean
Site Admin

Post by sean » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:25 am

Oh, one more thing Eri -sp? was not going to be on the playoff roster initially, but that changed just recently and last I heard she will be making a start. Don't even get me started on that.

LivefromChico
Site Admin

Attendance count?

Post by LivefromChico » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Well, I was at Nettleton Stadium last night, and admittedly, it was hotter than heck outside - but the "crowd" that was gathered to watch the Outlaws play could have been confused with one of the games played out at Westside Little League. My count was around 133...yes, 133 in total! Now we wait for them to post the "attendance figures" on PointStreak.com. My guess is that it will be in the neighborhood of 1,300-1,600 knowing how they count. (1, 2, 3, 5, 13, 208, 497, 786...)

Kanuck
Site Admin

Post by Kanuck » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Fyi - Matt Perisho has landed in the NL with the KC T-Bones. A very classy vet. Best Wishes!

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:13 am

[quote=""sean""]Oh, one more thing Eri -sp? was not going to be on the playoff roster initially, but that changed just recently and last I heard she will be making a start. Don't even get me started on that.[/quote]

That is HILARIOUS...and poor Dan the announcer...I'm sure he can't wait to get out of Chico.
Baseball is Life

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Nice Call

Post by TOROSFAN » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:37 am

[quote=""LivefromChico""]Well, I was at Nettleton Stadium last night, and admittedly, it was hotter than heck outside - but the "crowd" that was gathered to watch the Outlaws play could have been confused with one of the games played out at Westside Little League. My count was around 133...yes, 133 in total! Now we wait for them to post the "attendance figures" on PointStreak.com. My guess is that it will be in the neighborhood of 1,300-1,600 knowing how they count. (1, 2, 3, 5, 13, 208, 497, 786...)[/quote]

well, I also watch the inflated attendance and none is as bad as TJ or Yuma...but, Chico as you said last night had 133 approx....they continually post 2000 and guess what...I printed the attendance the last 3 days and here you go...8/26 35 home games...77, 034 2200 avg....now later today...same team...86,851...2481 avg...ON THE SAME DAY.

Victoria Seals same day...99,025 to 113,776...lost ticket counter?
OC same story...36,321 to 46,614...been busy at the GBL office.

all these increses and the same # of games from this am...349...and no attendance posted for any teams...

What a joke...we support these fools so we have no excuse but the love of the ACTUAL, REAL, UNADULTERATED GAME!!
Baseball is Life

stg2010 front office
Site Admin

Post by stg2010 front office » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:49 pm

If we had the attendance the league reported, we would still be playing home games in St. George and trying to figure out how to sweet talk Dixie State into signing on to a beer permit for next season.

TOROSFAN
Site Admin

Post by TOROSFAN » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Chico had another DH yesterday and no Att figures posted...funny, now that we are watching...a fan at the game said about 300. Chico in trouble folks...it will come out soon...stay tuned. They even added the 2 DH vs ST G to see if they could win 2nd half and get ticket income....not working...
Baseball is Life

LandRoverUT60
Site Admin

At least you were Honest, StG...

Post by LandRoverUT60 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:23 pm

[quote=""stg2010 front office""]If we had the attendance the league reported, we would still be playing home games in St. George and trying to figure out how to sweet talk Dixie State into signing on to a beer permit for next season.[/quote]

Well, at least you were honest in your attendance...kudos to you, from the bottom of my heart. Looks like the reason all the remaining RoadRunners' home games were cancelled (and that St. George lost another baseball team) was because the league didn't want to look bad for those kind of numbers on its site.

I'd rather lose another team when they are at least being honest, as opposed to inflating their attendance numbers to keep them around. Low attendance numbers don't seem to be limited in St. George, as evidenced by this article.

This could turn out a lot like the Pioneerzz and the WBL...St. George folds, and a year later, the whole league goes under. Only then, it was without the smoke and mirrors.

Maybe if Desert Valley of the CBL moves to Utah, they could end up in St. George. If the league still exists in 2011, hopefully that league won't stretch itself out too much and push its teams to inflate attendance numbers, then pull out when they don't. :mad:
Last edited by LandRoverUT60 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarification

Return to “GBL”