2009 GBL Schedlue released (finally!)

The Golden Baseball League (GBL) forum
FlyerFan
Site Admin

2009 GBL Schedlue released (finally!)

Post by FlyerFan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:53 pm

http://www.goldenbaseball.com/ArDisplay ... &SecID=303

And, yes, it seems they have managed to make it as unequal and screwed up as possible... again...

Pietsch Fan
Site Admin

Post by Pietsch Fan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 pm

I haven't looked at the schedule itself yet, but I like the explanation on why Long Beach is in the Northern Division (proximity to LAX for travel, for those who haven't read the release). St. George is quite a distance from its nearest airport (Las Vegas, I assume).
See you at the game.

Mary

Baseball Dad
Site Admin

Post by Baseball Dad » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Yes they did do it again. Oh well. The travel out of L.A. for Long Beach is a good point, but at a quick glance I see that the Armada starts the season off with a 4 game stop in Calgary, and unless I missed something (always possible).......That's it!! No trip to Long Beach for the Vipers??? 4 games out of 88 against a division foe? I think I counted 17 games for L.B. vs. Tijuana. I haven't checked it thoroughly yet but wow. I just don't understand why they can't have everybody do 1 road swing per half against all others (2 or 3 games each half), 5 away per team, 5 at home for a total of 90...or something like that. Anyways, glad baseball is upon us.

FlyerFan
Site Admin

Post by FlyerFan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:01 am

Yeah, I hear ya... I worked it out for OC... we make 2 trips to Canada, and none of them is a stop in Edmunton... go figure. We play 42 games against our southern division, and 46 against the north...??? 16 against Chico and 11 against Long Beach, while we only play TJ 7 times and Tuscon 6 (the rest for OC in the south are Yuma 11 and StGeorge eighteen)... I just don't get it. But it is this way evey year... at least we have an equal split on the road and at home, some years we haven't.
Last edited by FlyerFan on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: eighteen printed as a smiley! lol

Knuckleball
Site Admin

Post by Knuckleball » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:08 am

[quote=""Baseball Dad""]the Armada starts the season off with a 4 game stop in Calgary, and unless I missed something (always possible).......That's it!! No trip to Long Beach for the Vipers???[/quote]
That's correct!

Calgary also doesn't play Edmonton until after the All-Star break (and then they play 16 times, 10 in Edmonton)

Philfever76
Site Admin

Post by Philfever76 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:52 am

The Golden League schedule is a fiasco. I followed it quite a bit last season and could not believe the total lack of balance and the inequities. What are they thinking?

St. G played Yuma like 24 times and St. G played Long Beach and Fullerton about 8 or 10 or something. Totally wacked!

St. G is about an hour and a half east of the Vegas airport. Pretty quick ride.

Return to “GBL”