2013 Regular Season Trends

The Frontier League (FL) forum
BoomerFan
Site Admin

2013 Regular Season Trends

Post by BoomerFan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Almost 3 weeks complete in the regular season and some patterns are emerging:

(1) 6 to 7 teams will probably contend for the 4 FL playoff spots up until the last week of the season.

(2) Washington and Normal are the most improved Clubs compared to performances from last year.

(3) Windy City are struggling the most compared to last year’s performance.

(4) So far, Joliet hasn’t been able to improve their winning percentage or attendance numbers appreciable over last year ( although the wet and cold spring hasn’t helped any team); and,

(5) The newly named Rockford Aviators are on their way to set the worst winning percentage for a season in FL history.

J.J. Smith
Site Admin

Post by J.J. Smith » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:22 pm

How has the attendance been at Schaumburg so far? I mean actual people showing up. Weather has definitely been no help this year. I haven't noticed as much promotion of the team so far. Last year they were doing radio sponsorships on WSCR and other high profile (and high cost) things. I suspect they were disappointing in their return on investment, and are cutting back this year.

BoomerFan
Site Admin

Post by BoomerFan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:28 pm

It makes sense “no show” rate goes up, doubles, or triples depending on how bad the weather gets. Can’t give any insight about actual attendee numbers for Schaumburg, since I have made only one trip to Boomer Stadium so far this season.

Return to “FL”